Oh Boy, New Sound Bug?

This started after the newest Client was released.

The moment a game starts, it sounds like multiple explosions are looping through the audio feed, sounding like static (maybe ACU spawn explosion is looping endlessly?). Pausing the game, and the looping stops a second or two later. Resuming the game and the sound is back.

So far, occurs in matches and in replays.

Have you rebooted? This is an old bug which is fixed by rebooting if I remember right.

I tried rebooting, which didn't seem to fix. Then I remembered, I made some new profiles to do some testing in the Vanilla Steam version and the LOUD version. I was set to my LOUD profile, which seemed to be causing the sound bug.

same

@majiko Simple fix steps are:

• Windows key > type: Control Panel > Open > Sound > Playback > select the Device you use:
  • Configure > Stereo > finish configuration,
  • Properties:
  • Enhancements > Disable all enhancements,
  • Advanced > 16 bit, 44100 Hz,
  • Spatial Sound > Off,
  • Restart or Shift+Shutdown (not just Shutdown) of PC

If your headphones come with any applet/program, then you may want to disable that & try using the headphones without it. Similarly, if they use a USB or Bluetooth dongle to connect to the PC, see if you can connect directly without the dongle.

See this thread for further troubleshooting: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4084/solutions-for-snd-error-xact-invalid-arg-xact3dapply-failed