Replay analysis

https://replay.faforever.com/20925721
I need a professional opinion, it seems for me that one of the players is exploiting resources. He have high amounts, right from the begining. Is it only me or is he actually using something? Im talking about white player.

Tbh i didn't look at it too close. even tho it is a modded game and anything can happen
His ally was AFK early on, so he got 2+ and +40 extra resources from overflow.

didn't see anything special in this one.

•You should stop making storages around t1 mexes so it does not look like player doing normal stuff is so good compared to you that it looks like as if he is cheating
•You also should ge hydrocarbon plant
•if you have more than 900 mass in storage early game - then it means you should have started a t2 mex upgraide some time ago.
This might sound like less important thing BUT IT IS NOT, the earlyer you get t2 mex the more mass you will have faster to make more t2 and t3 mex even faster and mor eco faster and faster, it is exponental growth.
•you don't need to assist every t1 mex to make it to t2, you can upgraide them without assist if you have lots of resources
•you should send 1 engineer to each mex in different corners of your map instead of selecting 3 engineers and sending them on the long walk around the base

•You should also reconsider your BO and priorities
you went 3 t2 power, 25 mass storages, t3 land before your secod t2 mex (and still had 3400 mass in storage)
That is very very very very very bad
in the "no rush" mode you should make eco before you make anything else
but you did no economy for like 10 minutes

•you should use more engineers and/or enginnering stations

d45846e9-0c63-4286-b74d-9c12e257ab6c-image.png

In the graph above you can see that he did most of his ecoing in 1rst 10 minutes and started producing more combat oriented stuff
buy the 10 minute mark he had double your economy.
You did catchup later, but economy stuff needs time to pay off, you did more eco overall but later, so you didn't have time to build combat stuff

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@zlo said in Replay analysis:

you don't need to assist every t1 mex to make it to t2, you can upgraide them without assist if you have lots of resources

This was a big one for me. Every single extractor has the build power of 2 engineers, just waiting to be used!
It's crazy how much faster I started getting those upgrades when I told my engineers to reclaim, and let the extractors upgrade themselves.

Usually while I dont have resources to upgrade, it seems He have them all the time so he upgrades everything faster at any given time...

@xieq As I understand it, team games automatically give overflowing resources to allies, so you have to compare the enemy income to your income if your ally was giving you their mass instead of spending it.

@xieq said in Replay analysis:

Usually while I dont have resources to upgrade, it seems He have them all the time so he upgrades everything faster at any given time...

The thing is, you did have plenty of resources. At one point you were at +35 mass and overflowing, and you had at least 1500 mass in storage the entire first 7 minutes. You didn't drop to 0 until you started building T3 pgens and a quantum gateway.

You had way more than enough mass to upgrade all your mexes, you just spent it poorly. The overflow from your opponent's teammate had very little to do with it honestly, it all just comes down to you spending your mass poorly.