gunships/transports landing on water

Is it new that gunships and transports land on water and don't hover or fly to the nearest land spot like other aircrafts do or did I just never notice it?
Saw it because some restorers landed and got attacked by bricks with torps walking on the seabed below them.
Tested it, gunships and transports do "land" on water and can be targeted by torps.
Is this intended? Soulripper doesn't "land" on water btw...

Would suggest to change it to hover like behaviour (if "landing" is intended), makes no sense that aircraft would be attackable by torps when hovering above water level.sub_attack_gunship.PNG gunship_landed.PNG

Some of them always do, some of them never

@melanol what exactly are you referring to?
In my test all gunships and transports "land" on water, other aircrafts don't.

Generally it feels like all vertical propelled aircraft show this water landing behaviour while "normal" aircraft don't (souldripper being the exception).

@r4ider I don't remember all of them being able to land on water, only some of them

Transports were the only air units capable of landing on water.
That included the UEF T2 Stinger gunship as it is capable of transporting a unit.

However, I believe @Jip was working on allowing all gunships to land on water and improving their visual effects whilst doing so, with a very recent patch.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@ComradeStryker is right, this is a recent change. Previously only the Stinger and transports could land on water because of the TRANSPORT category. With thanks to an assembly patch we now have a separate category to fix a different bug with Kennel drones. At the time I decided to just allow all gunships to land and work on the fx when gunships and transports land / take off.

That last bit isn't complete for all factions yet 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

This post is deleted!

thx for the info 🙂
@Jip is it intended that the landed aircraft can be targeted by torpedos?

I think like, they are still hovering above water surface and aren't swimming in it like boats, but that's just my 2 cents...

I've noticed u cant target things with gunships landed on water and have to first move them off before being able to give a focus attack order. Bit short on time so can't fact check as im not 1 billion % sure

@waffelznoob said in gunships/transports landing on water:

1 billion % sure

I am 100% sure the limit for certainty is 100%

@waffelznoob said in gunships/transports landing on water:

I've noticed u cant target things with gunships landed on water and have to first move them off before being able to give a focus attack order. Bit short on time so can't fact check as im not 1 billion % sure

We can fix that 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned