Cheese tactics and units

Hi, commanders. Let's make SC worse together 🙂
I saw similar topic on old forum, but I think cheese is not high-risk high-reward tactics, is just simple tactic, to which is hard to adapt, I mean you can instantly win games just repeating same things. It might be spam of single type of unit.
What I think might be like that: units, which are so universal, that you can use only them. In this case units with strong both land and air attack will be useful. It might be cybran aa or aeon gunship. I don't speak about bomper/fighter because they have terrible land attack from tier 1.
Also, I agree that cybran snipe with comander is also cheese because you just need to know where enemy acu is.
And spam of destroyers with land mode for me is also interesting idea.
So, what units/buildings you think is best to spam? Or you have no brain needed tactic?)

Uh, pretty sure cheese is generally described as a tactic that relies on your opponent having no intel in order to work. Most snipes are cheese because of that, it's an all in gamble that generally decides the game unless you forced such an overreaction in defense that the mass donation isn't impactful.

Spam isn't cheese because that's just, the game. You make more of whatever is effective on the map, whether that's t1 t2 t3 land air or navy. An ACU com drop can be cheese or not, but most of the time it is cheese because you drop an enemy base but if the opponent prepped 5-6 land facs then your com drop is going to have quite a hard time getting started up.

One of the best things about supcom is that anything that could be described as cheese barely even exists.

GIGA sparky drop: make para after para make 5 czars after czars make 854 uef gunships and 854 sparky after it make magic and have: 5 TRANSPORT EXP with 854 sparky AND ITS A GIGA SPARKY DROP

The only real cheese I can think of is first bomber on some ladder maps with enough tree reclaim near spawn to make it viable

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

3 tanks before 1rst engineer or something

super early comwalks on some maps

some gun rushes may be considered cheese?

t2 com drop in ladder

just hiding your army and baiting an attack in some way can also be cheese?

Super early arty drops in ladder
Fast t2 air in ladder...

nuke rush in some hidden position
Nuke sub on some land map with a small lake
Strat rush on t2 pgens, or similar ting but with broadswords

yea my cheese definitions might be too broad

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

@ftxcommando said in Cheese tactics and units:

Uh, pretty sure cheese is generally described as a tactic that relies on your opponent having no intel

From what I've seen, 'cheese' means 'things that beat me when I feel like I deserve wins'! 🙂

@zeldafanboy said in Cheese tactics and units:

The only real cheese I can think of is first bomber on some ladder maps with enough tree reclaim near spawn to make it viable

I want to know more about this! 😉

Tactical missiles are literal cheese, sniping HQ or comander or making so many that they easily overwhelm defenses because they are so cheap, build quickly and do massive damage and easy to hide becouse of long range and kill mass wrecks.