[mod problem] EcoManager - random Black Box across the screen (some fix included)

Hello,

this report is for the mod author Crotalus. First, thanks for the awesome mod.

The Black Box happens randomly after upgrading a mex. (Or switching players in replay mode - see video).

I tested it without any other mod and the result is still the same.

The only way to get rid of the black box is to strg+k the mex and rebuild.

Here is the video - I just switch randomly between players.

https://streamable.com/jhpm1i

A "dirty quick fix" could be, to just remove the black overlay behind the text in the middle of the mex. With the tech icons I can see the current stage of the mex anyway and don't need any number at all.

I tested without black overlay for several minutes and it works fine so far.

"dirty Fix":

File:

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods\EM\modules\mexes.lua

before:

function CreateMexOverlay(unit)
	local overlay = Bitmap(GetFrame(0))
    overlay:DisableHitTest()
	local id = unit:GetEntityId()

overlay.id = unit:GetEntityId()
	overlay.destroy = false
	overlay:SetSolidColor('black')
	overlay.Width:Set(10)
	overlay.Height:Set(10)

after:

function CreateMexOverlay(unit)
	local overlay = Bitmap(GetFrame(0))
    overlay:DisableHitTest()
	local id = unit:GetEntityId()

overlay.id = unit:GetEntityId()
	overlay.destroy = false
	--overlay:SetSolidColor('black')
	--overlay.Width:Set(10)
	--overlay.Height:Set(10)

If you can find the bug to solve it, would be nice, but not really important anymore, with the current "fix".

From the 2016 thread:

“I did some changes and I'm testing them out, so far no black boxes. Also idle engineers mod now puts labels on units you get when you get a base via full share.”

I know this was a while ago but (assuming it worked) does anyone still have the fix for this issue ?

Thank you guys for the info - It boggles my mind that the working version is not uploaded into the vault and the faulty one removed. I wasted so much time with this problem which people solved literally years ago. That is a sour taste in my mouth.

@WhenDayBreaks Well i did apply a fix to my mod, but this black square bug is super rare (once in ~50 games maybe) so kinda hard to check if it got fixed.

Hm, I don’t really mind the black boxes all that much now that I think about it, as it’s pretty easy to fix in-game. I am more interested in a fix for the idle engies boxes not showing up after units are shared (for example via full share).

@WhenDayBreaks That was fixed 4 years ago when you check the other thread mentioned a few posts ago.

But apparently, the guy did not share his working version for whatever reasons. It is a mess.

edit: ~24 hours later and a few games - even the "fixed" file from the other thread has the black box issue. It occurs not that often but still bugged.