Error Code -1073741819 on lobby launch

I have been getting this error on occasion when trying to join a lobby:

"It looks like Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance crashed check with exit code - 1,073,741,819 the game log [filepath] for more information."

When this happens, the game log is ALWAYS the most recent replay file.

The ONLY way I have found to get the game to run again is to restart my computer.

I have also tried:

• Deleting the replay file
  • Deleting the game.prefs file
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Steam
  • Deleting all my mods

None of these work.

When the issue is fixed, it is usually fixed for a while—a day, sometimes a few. However, sometimes it happens again immediately. I have been putting off posting this because restarting my computer isn't that bad... but then today, restarting no longer fixes it. So I cannot play FAF.

plz halp

Example log file (but again, it's never the same file, just the most recent replay):
game_18883104.log

Try to fix those things first:

• remove deprecated mods
  • then disable all mods
  • don't have duplicated Hotbuild keys

Then test again and try to reproduce the crash

It crashes, probably related to:

Error line: warning: Error running OnRelease script in <deleted object>: ...mdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\maui\button.lua(101): Game object has been destroyed

But without the above fixes, I am not sure if those are causing that stuff in the first place.

If you need to know which keys or mods, just reply again and I can summarize it. (Just search log with "warning" and it will tell you what is going on)

All mods deselected, still get the error.

With the latest patch all my hotkeys were reset so that can't be the issue either.

Delete all logs, replicate error, post last log please

Have you tried starting the game with the debugger attached to it?

869be4db-1689-449f-84ff-6fd6ec222a22-image.png

That should always generate a log.

@magge the error you posted:

Error line: warning: Error running OnRelease script in <deleted object>: ...mdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\maui\button.lua(101): Game object has been destroyed

is a UI error, usually related to the score screen. It is harmless.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

When I delete all game logs and launch without debug mode on, no new log file is generated. Here is the client.log file, which I cannot delete with FAF running, and which appears to be updated every time I try and launch a game:

client.log

With debugger on, here's the file that's generated:

game_18956283.log

@Pearl12 I've asked one of our assembly devs, he answered with:

error in ntdll.dll RtlEnterCriticalSection.
An extraneous Citrix ICA Client dll was loaded into the process.

Maybe it rings a bell?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Game found a virus xdddd

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@jip said in Error Code -1073741819 on lobby launch:

@Pearl12 I've asked one of our assembly devs, he answered with:

error in ntdll.dll RtlEnterCriticalSection.
An extraneous Citrix ICA Client dll was loaded into the process.

Maybe it rings a bell?

I do have a Citrix client installed on my computer for work but I don't use it except once a month for expense reports and I get this error much more than once a month. I can double check next time I get the error (I just checked now and I do not get the error, there is a process called "Citrix Analytics Server" running in the background, so at least we know that's not it).

I also don't understand why this would happen sometimes and not others unless the Citrix client turns itself on and off, seemingly randomly.

@ctrl-k said in Error Code -1073741819 on lobby launch:

Game found a virus xdddd

This isn't helpful.

The main question is why Citrix ICA Client dll is loaded into the process?
What is the relationship between Citrix Analytics Server and FAF?
I suppose in a normal situation this should not be.