Build T2 naval

Hi,

I'm new to Supreme Commander and FAF. I'm playing UEF Campaign.
I'm stuck on Mission 3 - Metal Shark.
How do I upgrade to T2 Naval and build T2 units? The option to upgrade to T2 seems to randomly appear. But even after building a T2 factory. I cannot build T2 units. I thought after building a T2 Naval factory with a T2 engineer, I would be able to build any T2 naval unit but I only have an option to build another T2 engineer. Why is that?

Thanks.

The campaign locks units/tech levels to make you learn the units in stages. As you get through the stages more options open up

That would make sense but how come I can only make a T2 engineer after creating a T2 naval base? Do I need the Commander to make a T1 naval base and then upgrade in order to get a HQ?

I've watched videos of people playing this mission and they could use T2 naval units so this isn't locked.

@ste_kre said in Build T2 naval:

I've watched videos of people playing this mission and they could use T2 naval units so this isn't locked.

On a lot of these campaign missions, new units/structures unlock as the mission goes forward

On this one, I think they want you to learn how to use frigates and T1 subs, and then they want you to learn to use T2 air like torpedo planes and gunships, before they will let you unlock T2 navy.

You have to complete some objective, maybe liberating an island in the south, before T2 navy will unlock.

Zeus, zap me! People now create forum threads instead of figuring out basic things on their own in solo missions!

@arma473 Thanks for your advice. It's good to get support for new players.

@melanol How does your advice help?