does anyone Linux FAF Gamers use this: dgVoodoo ?

does anyone Linux FAF Gamers use this: dgVoodoo ?

playing on Linux there is a problem of missing some VFX.
recently I came across a report on ProtonDB about the use of dgVoodoo

I am interested in the effect of using this library. I install her at my SCFA and couldn't notice much.
maybe there is someone else who is interested in this? or has someone already used this library?

by the way, the problem of Multi-Monitor support for Supreme Commander was raised there

yes 🙂 (for missing vfx). I never used multi monitor setup, but I was able to use primary secondary output on 3 monitor setup with dgVoodoo (did not try without it :P). Be sure you have watermark in bottom right corner to confirm correct installation. And use 32 bit version of dll

I'm the author of that Vogons thread. Though I don't use Linux, my understanding is it does work, though some pretty obscure linux futzery is required. Check out the #linux-support channel on the FAF discord for further details and conversation.

This post on the VOGONS thread details precise installation steps needed to get dgVoodoo working on Windows - if you replicate the exact effects of these steps on Linux, you will get an equivalent result: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=1066490#p1066490

Also, I have no idea what that appnee.com link is, it looks like a malware/spam site to me as all it does is beg me to turn off popup blockers and then redirect me around the world. Here's Dege's site for dgVoodoo - http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

thank you for responding!
I think this topic will be useful for other linux users.

as I read on the site you indicated
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/
"2. General overview
If you want to wrap an old DirectX stuff then just copy dgVoodoo's dlls to the application folder and launch that."

it seems to me that these libraries should be mentioned in the FAF WIKI in the section where the subtleties of running a game on Linux are described.

You really should check the Discord, there's active dialog there regarding documentation and packaging.

The only thing I can really add to that, in particular for FAF, is that you need to be working in FAF's bin/ folder, not Steam's bin/ folder.

Again, the Vogons post I link above tells you precisely what files are needed from the dgVoodoo distribution, and exactly how they need to be configured.

afaik we are in testing phase, and if it won't do any harm, it will be added to the wiki page

friends, is it possible to use this on computers with old GPUs? (GPUs that do not know how to do vulcan and DX12 and use proton versions below 5)

@skyhawk said in does anyone Linux FAF Gamers use this: dgVoodoo ?:

Also, I have no idea what that appnee.com link is, it looks like a malware/spam site to me as all it does is beg me to turn off popup blockers and then redirect me around the world.

giving a link to this site didn't mean anything wrong. there was a description and links to YouTube with illustrative examples of setup and operation.

I have the u block plugin installed in my browser and it probably filtered everything out.

your link to the deege website is definitely more useful.

I will delete the link in the comment so that no one has any problems.