Feedback for the new client Newshub needed!

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I've been working on the website 4.0 (with help from Rowey). Now we are working on the news and I got some exciting news! The client newshub MIGHT (maybe, not 100% sure, etc) receive an update soon because guess what, its just one page in the website. Therefore, it could be a lot easier to implement the new newshub without affecting the current website.

Anyhow, I want your feedback on what you want to see on it, you want to see a map of the week? developer of the month? What sort of feature/thing do you want to see when you open the FAF client?

10a2de08-a6a8-40f4-a3cc-b018f98d570f-image.png

Here is a WIP (Work in Progress) image of what I currently have, I'm still working on it and yes some stuff is out of place or missing a background etc. But the design will be something along these lines.

So please, throw your feedback at me, no matter how harsh it is, I welcome all feedback so I can create a newshub that the community likes and wants to see.

Thanks.

TLDR: What do you want to see on the newshub? Map of the week? Dev of the month? Times dualgap has been played? etc.

FAF Website Developer

Borders, outlines, whatever. STOP using them, or use some darker color. Orange make to much contrast compared to bg

And I remember, they said, client-based design. No?

Also, your newshub missing place for posters

There was a design made by a designer, see also:

d7304a52-1bcc-4d46-a40b-28acf50a998b-image.png

Please stick closer to it - it looks very refreshing and modern.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Where did you find this?

@eternal internal messages with a designer

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@jip you also have to remember the client shows a webpage so it also need to fit in with the theme of the website other wise if you stumbled across it on the website itself it would be a complete different contrast.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Then the designer we asked to design the news hub should've been made aware of that. He's doing this for his resume 🙂 . Also, the designer is @MegaVIRUS

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

We can have a different design on the website and then we simply don't link to the newshub the client uses

@jip then the guy making the newshub should have been made aware so the designer knows what the color scheme is being used. Don't know why I wasn't consulted for this if I'm the main developer of the new website?

Also the design is very square, it wont work well with a 16:9 screen, the featured image will get stretched out. Besides, the design I made is very close to the one made by the designer (and please remember, it is a WIP, not a final design).

But, I won't make it blue, it doesn't match the current color scheme of the newshub and again, I wasn't consulted for this. If I had been consulted and agreed to use what the designer made, then for sure I'd make it just like his design.

FAF Website Developer

@eternal I agree, the outline can be darker. Posters won't be a thing in the new newshub anymore. No use for it.

FAF Website Developer

@javi it is not about color scheme. The color can be changed