Electroma's Mapping Factory

IIRC cloud kingdom was kept out of ladder because the terrain just makes it incredibly not fun to play. It’s too tight which leads to units getting stuck and converts the game into rally point manager to ensure you don’t lose because 20 of your tanks could never actually get to the enemy.

@ftxcommando I could see that being an issue. I contacted Morax and Jip to better suit the map for competitive play. I will say, however, that I've received mixed opinions about the terrain variation and tightness; some players seem to enjoy the close quarters and the micro-intensive environment, while others claim that it's not ideal due to the pathing. I'm still on the fence about opening the map too much. Will test further. Thanks for your input!

@Femboy Yep! Already contacted them to make sure the maps are up to standard. There's still work to be done on both of them, but as of now they are both available to be played and tested.

hey Electroma, in the map Titan Fall is one masspoint are brocken please fix this. Masspoint 55 and 56.

you cant build on it

Waited a decade to complain about the top left ramp not having grass texture on cloud kingdom, so it is unclear that it is there. And pathfinding is not good as said previously. Hover units around the edge can be pretty abusive too.

@saver said in Electroma's Mapping Factory:

hey Electroma, in the map Titan Fall is one masspoint are brocken please fix this. Masspoint 55 and 56.

Got it πŸ™‚ it seems like it was only one of those 2 mexes. Pretty sure theres none left now. I'll push the updated version later tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm polishing a few details now.

@thomashiatt said in Electroma's Mapping Factory:

Waited a decade to complain about the top left ramp not having grass texture on cloud kingdom, so it is unclear that it is there. And pathfinding is not good as said previously. Hover units around the edge can be pretty abusive too.

The hover artillery seems like a nice strat, I'm not sure if I'd classify it as abusive, but I understand why you could say that.
About the pathing; I'm making a smoother middle map, wider ramps and less path blocking. It should be much more enjoyable once finished. And I will make sure to add grass to the top left ramp as well. πŸ˜‰ just for you

Thanks for your input.

@electroma This is the best attitude to have, take feedback and try to improve on it, good job!

FAF Website Developer

@electroma thanks and good job πŸ™‚

@femboy said in Electroma's Mapping Factory:

@electroma This is the best attitude to have, take feedback and try to improve on it, good job!

Absolutely! The goal is to improve my mapping skills AND to provide high-quality material to keep a high standard in the mapping scene for FAF. I believe that, while gameplay is important, quality maps to play on are also necessary ; and without feedback I can't improve! So long as it stays as feedback and not personal attacks I think we can all be happy πŸ™‚

CLOUD KINGDOM LE v14

Updated Cloud Kingdom to v14, hopefully ready for ladder!

-Improved heavily textures and overall eye candy
-Added heightmap shading
-Pathing fixed (No more stuck acus, engies, or armies)
-Optimized AI markers
-Fixed Four Corners load bug
-Added 2 more mexes to each side near contested positions (hard to defend)
-Better reclaim distribution and more availability

[UPDATED PICS]
Screenshot 2022-02-25 004350.png Screenshot 2022-02-25 004531.png

[OLD PICS]
Screenshot 2022-02-23 234634.png

Welcome (back) to the scene, quality work, looking forward to more of it!

Looks great