Newshub thing

What is this thing? It's clickable. Leads to my FAF folder.

alt text

Your display dimensions is small to show this column.

f437415f-cf16-40f0-b79d-9ab2f751e255-image.png

that is weird, we'll look into fixing it. Thanks for letting us know!

FAF Website Developer

@Femboy, not a lot we can do as the Newhub is set for a 1080p display which is the middle ground for most display types

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Can we hide that left banner if it doesn't fit? That is a better user experience.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@rowey said in Newshub thing:

@Femboy, not a lot we can do as the Newhub is set for a 1080p display which is the middle ground for most display types

And you expect every user to use full screen? šŸ˜ž

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@jip said in Newshub thing:

Can we hide that left banner if it doesn't fit? That is a better user experience.

@brutus5000 said in Newshub thing:

@rowey said in Newshub thing:

And you expect every user to use full screen? šŸ˜ž

I know that 1080p was the default resolution it was set up for I will look into this at some point, but as far as I know, the client must capture a webpage so is this something that need to be done on the Website side or the client side is the question that need answering

It would be the website side. The client just displays a webpage however that is specified.

Unless we got in the business of the client dynamically modifying the website css but let's not go there

@Sheikah if the website specifies that at certain Resolution X is hidden would this still take effect in the client? as I'm not 100% sure how it read the site

I believe it should yes. At that point the client is just a watered down browser

@Melanol Can you let me know the resolution of your screen please

@Sheikah So found out by accident that you can zoom in and out the newshub page with ctrl + Scrollwheel but it does not save the Zoom Level

@rowey 1366x768.

@sheikah Couldn't we just make the newshub responsive with css grid? Not sure how all the wordpress stuff works but, if it can take HTML, CSS and JS, I can make it always fit the screen size.

FAF Website Developer

When I was testing things earlier it seemed like it already was responsive

Yeah it already removes it once the window gets small enough. It just doesn't remove it soon enough

I got the same issue (1920 x 1080, windows 7, 125% interface scale)
test.png

Thanks for the feedback, me an javi will look to improve the functionality for the diffrent reoulutions.

@Sheikah is their away we an set the zoom level in the client for this page as that would help elevate some of the issuse and show all the parts of the page