T2 destroyer rebalance

I will keep my idea short.

I think that T2 navy and destroyers are an incredibly expensive and risky investment that currently can be negated too easily with enough frigates or torps or in case of aon destroyers even with T1 hover.

Since nerfing frigates seems to be not wanted, how about buffing T2 destroyers hp by 10-20%.

This would make it more enduring to torpedo attacks to give some response time for moving aa, allow for slightly better trades against hover and frigates and all the rest.

I just think that destroyers are just a tad too weak.

They should be more like:

"oh fuck I need T2 navy quickly now to deal with them"

rather than:

"Oh this fool rushed an early destroyer? Let me just make half its mass worth of torps or hover or frigates to get rid of it."

Thoughts?

+10% hp is not a rebalance, lol.

Also destroyers are fine. They are amazing ships and are great are killing anything on the water.

Frigates are supposed to be the 'meat' of naval balance right now. You always need them. I played a game yesterday and took out 4 battleships with frigates because people always forget what overkill is. It's like they didn't even read "The Art of War"

I would love expanded naval gameplay and balance (cutters, suicide units, monitors, fleet tenders, main cannon ammo, etc), but the destroyers seem fine. I will agree that they seem a bit squishy to torp bombers, but I play aeon and their frigate has torp defense that works against them.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@FunkOff said in T2 destroyer rebalance:

+10% hp is not a rebalance, lol.

Also destroyers are fine. They are amazing ships and are great are killing anything on the water.

great analysis. dude you have no clue.

Aeon destros are very nice, though - I skeert of Aeon navy.

Usually if I can spam enough frigates I don't particularly care too much if my opponent has gone HQ, unless he/she is aeon. I often skip over t2 entirely because them destros are so nice.

Where kibran is concerned - the T2 naval AA game is just too weak and torpcucking is a problem much more so than other factions, who have shields, hoverflak and less overkilly cruisers.