Thoughts on the map in the lobby

Two small suggestions to improve the lobby experience?

The magnifying glass icon in the bottom right corner of the map preview that you need to click on to see the large preview of the map - could this icon be made much bigger? Maybe three times as large? There's no advantage to having it so small and I wouldn't be surprised if some players don't even know it's there.

Also, could we change it so the map preview can be clicked even after you have x-ed up to say that you are game ready? Basically stop the icon being disabled at all? I've never understood why you can't indicate you are ready and then stare at the large preview of the map while you wait for the game launch!

Just my 2 cents😊

I'll take these into account 🙂 , could you make an issue on Github about this? You can start with a fresh template: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/issues

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

done, thanks!

Initial work can be found in this pull request. We're going to need a new icon. Would you be available for that, or know someone with the experience to make an icon for us?

@jip I can do so, I got a bit of experience with pixel art and this should be pretty easy. The size you want is 32x32 correct?

32x32 is good, yes!

This post is deleted!

zoom.zip _btn_dis.png _btn_up.png _btn_over.png _btn_down.png

Here are the icons!

Re: Thoughts on the map in the lobby
I'd made a mockup before I saw that Femboy had submitted those, here it is, just as a suggestion for a different concept/style.

alt text