NVIDIA Performance Problem Update - April 2021 - 466.11

It is in the mod vault, part of the client

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@maliboo For now the best thing to do is DDU back to version 472.12
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/471331/geforce-49613-grd-feedback-thread-released-101221/

[Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop when there is mouse movement [3405920]

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Thx, guys

@furyritchie said in NVIDIA Performance Problem Update - April 2021 - 466.11:

This issue has returned.

@Jip has said

We're going to add the 'Nvidia fix' to the base repository with the next patch 3726 on the 26th of November.

In the mean time you can use the console command or Nvidia fix mod.

It appears that the console command and mod were not enough to resolve this in my case.

go into services in windows and stop service nvidia display container LS service and set it to manual start fixes the issue

@el_syd
If you're using multiple monitors then disabling the NVIDIA Display Container LS service will work.

That said if you have multiple monitors but don't use both in game you can check another setting.

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Under Display then Adjust desktop size and position
  3. For all monitors set Perform scaling on to GPU and apply the setting.

This fixed issues I had with a number of games.

Former Board Member - March 2021 - March 2022

@el_syd
If you're using multiple monitors then disabling the NVIDIA Display Container LS service will work.

That said if you have multiple monitors but don't use both in game you can check another setting.

1. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Under Display then Adjust desktop size and position
  3. For all monitors set Perform scaling on to GPU and apply the setting.

This fixed issues I had with a number of games.

I'm afraid that this didn't work for me. Am I supposed to also implement this together with the d3d_windows cursor console command or nVidia fix mod?

@el_syd
Yes. You might have to downgrade your video driver until NVIDIA fix it if nothing here works.

The "Disable the NVIDIA Display Container LS" worked for me. Was getting sad that the game was getting jittery!

https://youtu.be/guU3KdBR3_s
Ran into this which fixes supcom2. Haven't tested because I don't update my drivers, but maybe it will help someone.

We could looking into integrating that into the client. The Nvidia fix mod is part of the next patch.

edit: it would require giving the client admin privileges and that is far from ideal.

@jip Yeah, it's a bad choice when the console command works for the majority of people. It will also likely be fixed again soon.

Also it's worth noting that this prevents people from using the NVIDIA Control Panel and there's possibly other consequences that make it not desirable for us to interfere with it.

So the 26/11 has come and gone and I have been watching my Nvidia Driver for an update but I have not seen anything yet? Has the date been delayed or am I missing something?

I should've updated my post - due to a miss communication the balance patch and the developers patch would be released on the same day (the 26th). As this is a bad idea and due to LoTS we decided to go for the balance patch and move back the developers patch after LoTS. It is now set to the 20th - it does the same as the Nvidia fix mod does (once activated). You can use that until the 20th.

This issue has returned.

@Jip has said

We're going to add the 'Nvidia fix' to the base repository with the next patch 3726 on the 26th of November.

In the mean time you can use the console command or Nvidia fix mod.

What is the console command?

d3d_windowscursor @Vlaxtocia

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock