Fix blazes so you can disengage them.

If you "fix" hover unit movement (the ones without turret) some of them will become OP like aurora and fobo since it's a huge buff to the kiting ability of those units that already have more range then other tanks.

@tagada said in Fix blazes so you can disengage them.:

If you "fix" hover unit movement (the ones without turret) some of them will become OP like aurora and fobo since it's a huge buff to the kiting ability of those units that already have more range then other tanks.

Can't you fix them first and nerf their stats later?
I would rather have a reliable 140 hp Aurora with 21 dps that behaves fluent like a Starcraft 2 unit than the current 155 hp Aurora with 23 dps and its movement quircks.

If I could I would but I can't, it also changes the unit a LOT, and the balancing of these units with new units would be really hard. I can already smell the salt when because of the fact that with perfect micro the new aurora would be much stronger it would need to be made much weaker so now you are punished even more for miss-microing your tanks.

If I could I would but I can't, it also changes the unit a LOT, and the balancing of these units with new units would be really hard. I can already smell the salt when because of the fact that with perfect micro the new aurora would be much stronger it would need to be made much weaker so now you are punished even more for miss-microing your tanks.

Good point - here I forget that Aeon is inaccessible enough as it is, and Aurora are unfun enough as it is

It makes me think about the Starcraft 2 Stalker each time.
The Stalker is easy to kite with thanks to its speed and range, but its dps for its cost is bad with each race having a counter to it.

The Aurora begins to look like a failed unit, supposed to kite but not really allowed to. Noobs can't kite with it, some can but it is very punishing, and in a game between skilled players nobody likes them?
Wait... are you saying that the existence of the Aurora now also forces the blaze to suck in terms of hover movement?

So the balancing of unit is relying on luck that they won't get stuck and follow your orders ?
Ok imagine strat would be so random: sometimes it deals 1k, sometimes 6k and sometimes it does not fires at all and acts like a scout ?
Would you consider this 'balanced' ? Playing something that does not follows your orders feels terrible and there is like a lot of cases when you think 'i should have build anything else, cause at least i can control that'.

@hlpstpbroimstuck I believe the strategy comes in doctrine that prevents them from encountering situations where they would become stuck.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Typical blaze in real game: gets stuck in building, i even tried to move them away(
I had to manually change target priorities to units and still could not get it out of pd range.
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/5830944?key=b4cca50bd08b24a11250c26623ccc8d2

Any building is land mine for blazes, which can root them in place.

@kalethequick said in Fix blazes so you can disengage them.:

@hlpstpbroimstuck I believe the strategy comes in doctrine that prevents them from encountering situations where they would become stuck.

So strategy if 'y dont micro them they are useless'.
And why i cant even micro them if i try(
Uhm, why only aeon gets that strategy ? Can we fix hoplites/mangoses/ilshwohs to be same level of frustration to micro ?

Just play different faction there. It's that simple.
Otherwise suck it up considering how good aurora is. Unless you wanna see 50hp aurora coming to you next patch with 15dps.

Seems strange to me to use a frustrating glitch/interaction to balance a unit if its fixable. Auroras are slower than other tanks but if responsive movement would make them too op then make them slightly slower or even weaker so in small numbers they get crushed/can be caught up with and overwhelmed, in medium numbers they do well if microd, and in large numbers theyll do very well against land, and you dont have the dice roll of whether you/your opponent benefits from responsive movement when its needed

@hlpstpbroimstuck IDK man, i only play Aeon. just dont put blazes in urban environments. or try turning off their weapons and shiftG moving them. Some units are unweildy or get stuck in certain situatuons. so avoid those situations.

Hammer -> Nail
Screwdriver -> Screw

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!