Tournament Canceled

Hello and welcome to the TMM tournament that will determine the best 2v2 team once and for all.

Date: 18th of September
Start Time: 14:00 UTC
Chat: /join #kings_tmm
Challonge: https://challonge.com/ru/q9qydp2l
Tournament Directors: Pryanichek
Sponsor: Pryanichek

Prize Pool:
210€ Total
1st - 120€ - King of TMM avatar (avatar for every player)
6a27661f-035e-41ee-8a69-e466635adfa1-image.png
2nd - 60€ - Prince of TMM avatar (avatar for every player)
003665a5-6b35-48f8-9df4-f135447d9db6-image.png
3rd - 30€

Tournament Format
The tournament is for 8 teams. If there are more signing up teams, a bracket for 16 teams will be used. The first round will be BO1 (for 16 team) and then BO3. All standard tournament rules apply (read here https://forum.faforever.com/topic/269/tournament-code-of-conduct), apply, the maximum number of units is 1500, draws are replayed, games are ranked, no faction veto is used

Rating limits
U3800.

The rating at the time of signup of the player will be used and checked for any significant drops. Each player must have at least 10 TMM games and 200 total to qualify to enter the event.

Map vetoing rules:
First the higher seed team picks a map to veto, then lower seed, higher again, etc. Until there are 9 maps left.
The higher seed team chooses the map for game 1.
The lower seed team chooses the map for game 2.
If after playing 2 games the score is 1-1, there will be another round of vetoing.
Each team again gets another 3 vetoes and you will start vetoing from the remaining 7 maps until only 1 is left. This time the lower seed will start vetoing.
You will play the final game of the BO3 on this map.

Signups up close 1 days before Tourney starts

Map Pool:
5x5:
crazyrush (slots 1,5 vs 2,6)
Lake Arokh V8 (slots 1,5 vs 2,6)
10x10:
Salembay (slots 3,7 vs 4,6)
Tabula Rasa V3 (slots 1,3 vs 2,4)
Map Gen - 10x10 – Tournament
Adaptive Flooded Tabula (slots 1,3 vs 2,4)
Badlands V4 (slots 1,5 vs 2,8)
Africa (slots 3,5 vs 4,6)
Stella Maris V8 (slots 5,7 vs 6,8)
Adaptive Corona (slots 1,7 vs 2,8)
20x20:
Setons Clutch – FAF version (slots 3,5 vs 4,6)
Map Gen - 20x20 – Tournament
Selkie Isle (slots 3,5 vs 4,6)
The Ditch (slots 1,4 vs 2,3)
Point of Reach V4 (slots 1,3 vs 2,4)

When signing up, please state:
-Team Name
-Players of each team
-Highest rating of each player (using TMM rating)
-Total combined rating for the team (using TMM rating)
Signups:

Sorry for my English. I use translator

Each player must have at least 10 TMM games and 200 total to qualify to enter the event.

Just to clarify, these means both players need a sum of 200 total TMM games to qualify for the event? So two players with 99 games each will not qualify?

@archsimkat said in 210€ The Ruling Kings of TMM Tournament:

Each player must have at least 10 TMM games and 200 total to qualify to enter the event.

Just to clarify, these means both players need a sum of 200 total TMM games to qualify for the event? So two players with 99 games each will not qualify?

It is separate: the post means 10 TMM games as part of 200 total (whether that 200 is ladder, global, or TMM).

This post is deleted!

Alright Boys! Sign me and GingerBreadMan Up Woop Woop!!!!!
MuffinMan Global- 2000 Tmm-1951
GingerbreadMan Global- 1800 Tmm- idk but its low as shit probably like 1200

King of under 3800

Kings of 2vs2. First thought - let's go and get Nexus. Scrolls down, U3800 nvm.
The problem I see with this tourney is that it has rating restriction while the TMM rating is not very accurate for the highest rated players so it's quite easy to find someone that is under rated.
Also RIP Swkoll
0b38e1a9-14d4-4aed-87b3-d02fe8240bb7-image.png

Well. You are all right. Initially, I wanted to use the global rating and a higher maximum limit.
Thanks to my friend Morax for the good advice
TOURNAMENT CANCELED
Sorry to take your time

@Tagada @TheWheelie great job…. Glad you guys still can’t just accept a tourney and enjoy what people have to offer using their own money…..

wait why is it cancelled?

Do you know the Muffin Man?

@morax dont you even dare put this on me

@morax Why are you blaming Tagada and Farms for what occurred?

@Pryanichek i don't see why the tournament needs to be cancelled? There is nothing wrong with your plan so I am sure i am not the only one who would still like to see it go ahead.

Do you know the Muffin Man?

@morax or not participate if they don't like the format
but someone must be told what they don't like

@gingerbreadman it was an emotional decision, but I will look stupid if I change my mind every few hours
I hope I can have a better tournament in the future

@pryanichek Don't worry about it, take a breath and see what you want to do. I hope you'll run tournaments and if you want any help send me a pm.

It's just that "finding the best 2v2 team" and a rating restriction don't work well together. Keeping the rating limit or removing it is both fine, it just means the tournament will attract different players.

Cancelling it really isn't necessary, if you don't like changing plans, just keep what you have now, because it's fine (but then remove the "finding the best 2v2 team" part for realism).

After a word with the TD, there will be no event. He is hoping at a later date to host, so for now, going to close this thread.