2021 Summer Invitational

Thanks to Javi for the new banner image

Due to a lack of interest, (only 4 accepted invites as of this post), I may scale this event back considerably by reducing the number of days played, games, and prizepool. Any prizepool funds removed from this event will be put towards the Fall Invitational. The qualifier will still happen as planned no matter what and I will have the final format out by Friday.

Ok I've managed to secure enough invite acceptances for the normal format to work.

Thanks to a generous $15 donation from Keene the total prize pool is now $400!

Playoffs:
Finals and bronze match will be played on Sunday. Semi final players should wait for casters before beginning. All games are BO5 expect finals which are BO7. Players have 3 vetoes each and use the same faction and map pick rules from group stage.

Date: July 24-25th
Start Time: 14:00 UTC
Chat: /join #summer
Challonge: https://challonge.com/cyvwxmts

Map Pool:
5x5
hardffa
crazyrush
Map Gen - 5x5
Firelight

10x10
8 - Badlands_v4
Forbidden Pass - FAF version
Huracan
Oracle
Twin Rivers
Map Gen - 10x10
Open Palms - FAF version

20x20
Bermuda Locket - FAF version
The Ditch - FAF version
Lena River ( Position 1 vs Position 8 )
Map Gen - 20x20

top games were today)

Sorry for my English. I use translator

I think one of the top 4 players must get banned after his performance in ingame chat...

@alina-kiss He got banned and immediatly regretted his tantrum.

Congrats to Tagada for winning the 2021 Summer Invitational! After a dominant 14-2 performance, he's become the first two time winner of Summer Invitational. Congrats to Zlo and Paralon for winning 2nd and 3rd place.

Final Results:
1st - Tagada
2nd - ZLO
3rd - Paralon
5th-8th - archsimkat
5th-8th - Turin
5th-8th - Tex
5th-8th - Blast_Chilled

Thanks to all 24 players who played in this tournament and to the hundreds of viewers that watch live on faflive.

Thanks to archsimkat and Keene for their generous donations to the prizepool.

Thanks to HintHunter, kite, Morax, and grimplex for helping me TD this event.

Thanks to farms, JaggedAppliance, and kite for helping cover the event.

Map Pick Submissions for the Playoffs:
lena river - yudi
Valenvaryon Open palms - blast chilled
the ditch - paralon
hardffa - arch
huracan - tex
crazyrush - tagada
bermuda locket - zlo
forbidden pass - turin

Unfortunately, due to their violations of the FAF rules and Code of Conduct during and after the event, Yudi has been retroactively disqualified from this tournament. They will not receive any prize money or invitational points from this event. The $40 that Yudi would have received will instead go to fund future tournaments. Additional penalties may be issued at the discretion of the Player Councilor.

Players who are 1st and 5th-8th should contact Brutus for the prize money. 2nd and 3rd place should contact me.

Thank you for organizing the tournament, it was interesting

Sorry for my English. I use translator