Could Tractor Claw mechanic be used for carriers to pull aircraft from sky into hangar?

Is it technically possible to:

• Give aircraft carriers the Galactic Colossus' "Tractor Claw" ability
  • Automatically target friendly aircraft below a certain percentage hitpoints
  • Let Tractor pull aircraft straight into carrier hanger instead of destroying them

But why? There is no reason for that at all. All you need to do is just click twice to have the aircraft get into the ship.
Not to mention how disrupting is this gonna be when your aircraft gonna be randomly pulled in by just flying over the navy.
There is literally no point in introducing this change or even entertaining it.

@randomwheelchair I appreciate the constructive tone. 🙄

If this is possible it would allow the carrier to act as a (force) multiplier and act as a degree of insurance. Suppose it pulls in aircraft below 50% hp. All your damaged aircraft are automatically pulled in, you manually relaunch them to fight on. If the pull takes mere seconds, compared to now, it will save aircraft from destruction.

He meant that if you are on your way to an airfight and suddenly a third of your air force gets sucked up you will lose a fight that you could have won otherwise.

JUST ... DO IT !
keefer.jpg

I think you are getting negative feedback because you posted in the 'suggestions' section-if you really just wanted to know whether it was just possible or not, you should have maybe posted in the modding or in the general section.

Apologies if I misunderstood and you actually wanted to make this as a suggestion, but in that case, I'd suggest editing the OP to reflect that.

@deletethis In between, first I wanted to know if it was possible... to probably suggest it later. I have no idea how carrier docking works.

I might mod it before suggesting, depending on a lot of factors.

Mods: feel free to move topic or, close it and encourage me to open a new one there.

@blackyps said in Could Tractor Claw mechanic be used for carriers to pull aircraft from sky into hangar?:

He meant that if you are on your way to an airfight and suddenly a third of your air force gets sucked up you will lose a fight that you could have won otherwise.

Was reacting to this part, there is not "no point" in it.

@randomwheelchair said in Could Tractor Claw mechanic be used for carriers to pull aircraft from sky into hangar?:

There is literally no point in introducing this change or even entertaining it.

@valki said in Could Tractor Claw mechanic be used for carriers to pull aircraft from sky into hangar?:

@randomwheelchair I appreciate the constructive tone. 🙄

If this is possible it would allow the carrier to act as a (force) multiplier and act as a degree of insurance. Suppose it pulls in aircraft below 50% hp. All your damaged aircraft are automatically pulled in, you manually relaunch them to fight on. If the pull takes mere seconds, compared to now, it will save aircraft from destruction.

Sorry dude but I'm simply bewildered as to how and why anyone would make this a balance suggestion, and my tone shows it. Also I don't see how can you get offended by what I wrote.
Unless you think that everyone here is to get you...

And yes, you wrote this in suggestion part of the forum so it seems like you want it to be part of the FAF not just a mod.

@randomwheelchair I am not offended, I am disappointed. I think people would appreciate a more positive tone, even if nothing is ever implemented.

Why not say:

@randomwheelchair could have said in Could Tractor Claw mechanic be used for carriers to pull aircraft from sky into hangar?:

But why? All you need to do is just click twice to have the aircraft get into the ship.
Not to mention how disrupting is this gonna be when your aircraft gonna be randomly pulled in by just flying over the navy.

Dude don't derail your own threads, tone has a point in conversations and his is used to imply he doesnt see this as ever being worth adding. Your changes would make a sentence that that implies he is asking for more infomation, which he clearly doesnt care about. yours is not a change in tone, its a change to remove dissent.

I assume the carrier and the tractor beam run off the same code. You'll probably see a set range and also a trigger to only work when a plane is at a certain velocity (so asf don't enter the carrier at high speeds.) So i'ts probably possible, but that doesnt mean you should suggest changing it.

This ability is probably more something for the air stations that one would turn on for short periods with a toggle.

Petition to add tractor beam anti weapons to literally pull enemy planes out of the sky.