Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1

@ftxcommando said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

@tatsu said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

going around the Council to get people to everyone ping about your game on official FAF Discords with no actual oversight from FAF management.

that is quite the ...interesting way to put it.

this is just some more ad hominem so. since you didn't bother to formulate it truthfully. I'll let the truth come back to nag you when it does come out.

In the meantime you can correct yourself on your own if you feel like it.

I know won't and that you much prefer falsehoods and leading others on. I won't play your game.

Far as I'm concerned it's a bannable offense for you and as nine is project manager of this game, he should be held responsible for failing to communicate to his team what the line in the sand was for FAF after he was told this was off the table.

Yea this kind of advertising is completely unacceptable.

Ah and here is nine2 attempting to shift the blame and put it off of his own team and directly onto Apofenas.

apo 6.png

apo7.png

I’m of course happy for anyone to air out their issues either now, or when it actually appeared. My pms are open or you can forward it anonymously through a middleman.

However, for the interests of making an informed opinion about the topic, you need to be aware of the following:

Exotic_Retard
speed2
Tatsu
nine2

Have both:

A financial incentive to reply here - all part of a team developing a game that tatsu/nine2 co manage
A career incentive to post here (nine2 pays or organised the payment of their salary for the financial incentive)
They were directly asked to post here through private message.

Your opinions are your own about the topic, however I don’t think choosing to omit this information is particularly acceptable.

I don't understand why the inner chats of the council are brought here up at all. Nobody can even read these chats aside from the council members. If you feel like the tone is hindering the work of the council then this has to be discussed in the council and only in the council!

I can't stand by when a Russian server is thrown out in this storm and a person is accused of violating the rules of the official faf community, which applies only to

87ba9f9d-345f-417d-847f-aaaa0cb28b70-image.png

as I understand it, this only applies to the official discord server, which is provided by FAForever.

Logically, there can't be more than one official server. There is the main one, and heirs, or childrens. But the Russian server does not belong to any of the above. This server was created by SID and the Russian community in-house.

Even if you don't take it into situation. Official servers should not be somehow belittled in a functional way. For example, in beginning RU server has the same functionality as official one. I talking about the discord-aeolus chat. But where is it now? Left to hell. Yes we got the #russian chat, but what for? These language regions are all inactive

Rules of ru discord
900a3498-88ff-4e0b-80a4-9518a7055d3d-image.png

1fef7d3d-ce06-4a5c-b670-df736d055084-image.png

@blodir said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

@tatsu said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

going around the Council to get people to everyone ping about your game on official FAF Discords with no actual oversight from FAF management.

that is quite the ...interesting way to put it.

this is just some more ad hominem so. since you didn't bother to formulate it truthfully. I'll let the truth come back to nag you when it does come out.

In the meantime you can correct yourself on your own if you feel like it.

I know won't and that you much prefer falsehoods and leading others on. I won't play your game.

Far as I'm concerned it's a bannable offense for you and as nine is project manager of this game, he should be held responsible for failing to communicate to his team what the line in the sand was for FAF after he was told this was off the table.

Yea this kind of advertising is completely unacceptable.

Tatsu messaged me with a clarification to this situation. Apparently these screenshots are from the FAF-RU server that is not officially associated with FAF, which of course changes everything. It is the FAF-RU server administration's business whether they want to allow this kind of advertisement or not. So I retract my earlier statement.

That's not exactly accurate.

Tatsu doesn't have all of the information.

The council is trying to clarify the officialness of the Russian discord. The answer at the moment is kinda/sorta/probably, but its still in progress.

@nine2 said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

The council is trying to clarify the officialness of the Russian discord. The answer at the moment is kinda/sorta/probably, but its still in progress.

If this kind of advertisement is allowed on the FAF-RU discord server, then perhaps it should not be officially recognized, although this is arguable.

I will say though that this is massively off-topic.

I agree with both points.
This is a big derailment.

This post is deleted!

While they derail with 1000 words, let us remember FAF toxicity is so high it drove out a councilor from council chat.

@nine2 said in Council of Setons EXPOSED - Part 1:

But FAF-RU is official FAF server? And been for a long time considering it's advertised on the FAF discord.
And a BIG IMPORTANT THING is that everything that is advertised on FAF discord is recognised officially as part of FAF and have people from FAF overseeing them so that the guildelines of the main one are followed. Which funnily enough is one of the reasons why mirddes never got his aussie discord allowed to be advertised here as he wasn't willing to follow official FAF server guidelines.

So no, don't try to divert the attention to FAF-RU not being official when it clearly is and you knew it all too well.

Sheeo was driven out of the council chat because:

A) He says his role is obsolete and so he has no reason to be there, Admin Councillor = President of the Board for all intended purposes.

B) There were rules made for a code of conduct in the Council chat. It said Sheeo could remove anyone that breaks the rules. These rules included things like making disparaging remarks and lying. Sheeo did both and I don't mind having the conversation about how he did both.

So I said I would accept the code so long as we have a way to also apply it to Sheeo. But since Sheeo said he was leaving the Council chambers it was fine. Then he said I crossed the "intentionally trolling" part of the code as far as he was concerned by he didn't take action and isntead just left.

@randomwheelchair Official from what point of view? At what level is the official one. Have access to the discord platform news bot? Or have direct access to a single chat? Or be able to stand in rows of links to various discord servers? Isn't this achievable without an "official" rank

Well for one you are allowed to use the Dostya bot. You advertise yourself as the Official Russian Discord. There have been discussions in the past about having your Discord be considered the Official Russian Discord with said Discord's administration in the past.

And besides all of this, if this was in a legal gray area, literally why would this not be addressed PRIOR to an advertisement post. Why is it my responsibility to go and explore whether the game another Councillor is working on is getting posted in gray-area Discords rather than him just asking Council or even just Giebmasse about the action? Isn't the whole point of this post that people can't act like grown ups? So why am I the elementary school teacher having to tell kids to read the rules on the poster on the wall?

What could have just been a discussion about whether "to do" or "not do" now has to be a discussion involving penalties up to and including "removing councillor."

The Russian discord is considered official because:
It is advertised in the FAF discord
It recognises FAF moderation
It carries FAF branding

There is no current discussion about the status of the discord within the council at the moment. The last time this was discussed was on roughly May 12th. The only thing that was discussed today was asking nine2 why he chose to advertise Company of Heroes 2 on the newshub.

The holy ftx/biass alliance is here.

@ftxcommando another councilor? Is apofenas councilor?