PSA: Regarding the forum's sudden change in appearance.

We've changed "Themes" and thus, your "skin" choice no longer applies. If you set your forum to have a dark mode appearance, you need to set it again. Make sure to completely reload the forum after making your changes.

This is the base which i've suggested to modify to make the forum UI of a more accepable quality and style. Do expect to see more changes in the future.

The best part about this new software that I wasnt expecting, was the ability to inject our own CSS/etc code directly into the forum. This should make fixing the site design a trival matter with some decent planning. Please see this image for what a few minutes of messing with the code can do for the site's readability.

pepega nice load pepega

While I personally was not happy with the appearance of the forum at first, the potential for something far greater than the old forum certainly exists, so I hope to help FAF achieve that potential.

Also of note, the forum also allows plugins and the like. If you have noticed that a feature you liked is currently missing, please list it here in the hopes that it can be restored with a said plugin.

Thanks.

yo that's the black skin that i get : Sans titre.png
why is it different from yours ?

Same here

Also of note, the forum also allows plugins and the like. If you have noticed that a feature you liked is currently missing, please list it here in the hopes that it can be restored with a said plugin.

Spoiler plugin and embedding Videos from YT / Twitch etc. are planned but we have opened bug reports due to incompatibilities with the latest NodeBB version. (They would technically work, but they refuse to run due to missing compatibility flags in the packages.)

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@keyser said in PSA: Regarding the forum's sudden change in appearance.:

why is it different from yours ?

Because I didn't ask for the CSS to be pushed to the live server. I only styled that locally to demonstrate that it is possible.

I don't want to push huge changes like that until it's ready to be released properly.

I had 10 choices of themes before and now only 2. Why did the rest get removed?

The skins belong to the theme. The previous theme had 10 skins, this one has only 2.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Something fucks up the width of the blue message indicator in the Linux Support thread on mobile Firefox. See:
https://i.postimg.cc/GmmYW9fN/Screenshot-20200820-083942-Firefox.jpg

If the indicator is not displayed then the thread appears fine.

Fix it or i will spam ANIME!!

nice ghetto streams: https://www.twitch.tv/foodlfg

Not sure this is the right place, but if its not too much work/effort it would be cool if the day/night theme would auto change per time of accessing the forums.

We are incapable of doing such a thing. You can ask for this in the NodeBB community, but I wouldn't expect such a thing considered to become a default feature (I think they try to keep the base software lean and tidy).

– Benno Rice