Sound issues sins last update

Hello, since the last update i have sounds missing in the fafa client(group formed,...) and in the game(nukes, pings,...). I tryed deleting faf and reinstalling it but it did not work, any tips? Thanks

Quite often, Windows updates will reset your sound hardware back into 5.1 or surround sound. This really causes problems for FA, which really is only stable with Stereo sound. Also - this process often re-installs audio hardware that you may have previously disabled, which can lead an old game like FA into confusion.

I also want to point out that Microsoft has just released a Windows update that includes a 'spatial sound' processor aimed at headphones. This bit of MS magic will give you VERY odd sound and should be turned off.

@Yngwie said in Sound issues sins last update:

Hello, since the last update i have sounds missing in the fafa client(group formed,...) and in the game(nukes, pings,...). I tryed deleting faf and reinstalling it but it did not work, any tips? Thanks

Reboot and not start things like Youtube, VLC, etc.

I had the same issue with missing sound earlier this week. It's annoying as fuck. But the new Windows update with all it's unwanted sch****t was even more annoying.

I don't even have any option anywhere to set 5.1 or stereo... but I wouldn't be surprised if Windows still messed that up.

I dont have that option indeed and nothing helps even the reboot without youtube etc,... any other tips? Thanks!

@Sprouto said in Sound issues sins last update:

I also want to point out that Microsoft has just released a Windows update that includes a 'spatial sound' processor aimed at headphones. This bit of MS magic will give you VERY odd sound and should be turned off.

Do you happen to know the KB number? Then I can flag it in WSUS. It's definitely not one of the "big" updates since I block those by default. I have two PC's that I play FAF on; one behind my own WSUS server, one gets updated directly. I now have the "no/some sound" issue on both.

I have the exact same issue since Yesterday.
I have some Windows Defender update since last two days but thats all.
I cant anymore do other stuff afk while lobbysim since "group form" isnt playing anymore. And i miss a lot of sound in game too.