FAF Login taking forever

A couple days ago it started when I created a game and somehow closed out of the FAF client by accident but the game was still open. When I logged back in, it wouldn't allow me to create new games. The button was grayed out even after I closed out of the game that was still open.

Ever since then, now it takes forever for FAF to log me in. It's like its broke.

I even downloaded the newest version of the Downloards Client today and still no change. It's sitting at the login screen forever after I click login and is spinning the circle.

It's a known server issue. The reason is unknown though.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Is there a way for a player to report it and have their symptom resolved, or does it just have to wait til the next server reboot?

Is it possible to identify the relevent thread on the server and kill it?

It's usually related to reconnect within a short period of time and eventually you should be able to login.
It might be related to a leaking connection, but even if it was, there is no way to close it while the server is running.
The problem itself won't be fixed by a server reboot. After your first login it will most probably happen again.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Lovely. So now I'm stuck forever with a broken account? Can I just create another one? I mean, there has got to be something one can do. It's just not normal to say, yeah this happens to some. they just are screwed. Unheard of lol

Maybe @Askaholic has a suggestion on how to proceed with your case.

ā€“ Benno Rice

Calm your horses, nobody said it will stay like this forever. Empirically it fixes itself after a while.

Well its working again. So Hallelujah Amen! The horses are calm again šŸ™‚