Any way to disable built-in selection deprioritisation?

Hi,

Is there any way for me to disable the built-in (default) selection deprioritisation, with a UI mod?

By 'selection deprioritisation', I mean the way that, after I drag select a bunch of units, depending on what categories of units are included in that selection, certain categories will be automatically removed from the selection.

So, e.g., I can drag select a bunch of factories, if there is nothing else inside the selection box, but if I drag select over a region with both factories and mobile units the factories will be removed from the final selection.

(Like in the 'Selection Deprioritizer' UI mod, but this happens to some extent by default, also.)

The reason I want to do this is that I want to set up my own, generalised, filter down mechanism, based on hotkeys, where I can drag select and then filter down to whatever category I want, myself, using hotkeys..

You may want to look at this mod:

Which does exactly as you want with regard to using a button to filter down. I still need to work on the readme, I'll do that later today.

About your first question - I'm not sure if it is possible but I'll look into it later today 🙂 .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Sorry to Necro, but did you ever investigate?

I did not I'm afraid.

Thanks.

I'm thinking about working on something like this for my first mod. Do you know if the "dragger" related functions in the Lua table have anything to do with the click drag functionality?

Thanks for any help

The dragger is used for UI elements such as a scrollbar. I don't think it has to do anything with selection. You can look into the mod of my first post (the filter selection mod) to find some functions related to selection.

Besides that - I made that mod four years ago and uploaded it to gitlab a while back. My memory of these functions / this part of the base code are vague 😞 .