Cannot connect to any game

Hi THere!

Since the update, (or installing the latest client) I am unable to connect to games.

I get this error:
Client Version: 2024.5.0
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.springframework.web.reactive.function.client.WebClientResponseException$GatewayTimeout: 504 Gateway Timeout from GET https://api.faforever.com/featuredMods/0/files/latest
at com.faforever.client.patch.GameUpdaterImpl.lambda$update$5(GameUpdaterImpl.java:93)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniExceptionally(CompletableFuture.java:990)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniExceptionally.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:974)

I can ping the api server..... What port is it trying to use? IS there something more than "double check windows firewall settings" that I could do? (I've already tested that)

Cheers!

Hrm. I take back what I said abouyt the Windows Firewall. After completely flushing it's config and restarting it, It re-asked for permission to allow faf to the internet and then started working.

Sorry to bother peoples.

504 means you were able to talk to api.faforever.com but it wasn’t able to reach the backend service. So the fact that it started working again after you flushed your firewall rules is just a coincidence.

Just noting that in case someone finds this in the future and thinks that if they get a 504 error they can fix it by flushing firewall rules. You can’t. Just wait a bit and try again or notify the server admins.