FAF client won't start

A moment before installing the new version of the client, the old client started up. I don't have an antivirus program, only Windows Defender (Win 10). Setting it to run as administrator doesn't help either.

Same issue here, the client doesn't launch after the update. I tried manually downloading and reinstalling it, but it changed nothing. Here's the error message in the attachment: error.txt

Alright, so I tried experimenting with older releases. Version 2023.11.2 does launch but asks for an update. All later releases starting from 2023.12.0 give errors and don't launch at all.

@lord_wiader @EvilMentat Recently, a few users with Avast installed have stated that their FAF Client exe has been quarantined or outright deleted by Avast. There have been similar instances with various other AV software in the past, so it would be a wise idea for you to add an exclusion/exception for the FAF Client folder in both Avast (or whatever AV software you're using) & Windows Security. After you've add those exclusion/exceptions, then clear the contents of the FAF Client folder & try installing again.

@mostlostnoob My Games folder has always been included in my AV exception list. I did erase the FAF Client folder's contents though and then reinstalled, now the client launches correctly. Thank you for the help.

@mostlostnoob i don't have Avast. I added an exclusion in Windows Security for the entire FAF folder, unfortunately it still doesn't work. After clicking, the processing icon appears next to the cursor for a split second and nothing happens. The last client that starts is 2023.5.0.

What os are you running and specifically what is the build number?

Windows 10 Home version 1709 compilation 16299.125
Checking for updates right now...

Windows updated to 22H2 and client is running!

Yeah you were on an older version of windows 10 that newer versions of the client couldn't run on. Glad you were able to update.