Crashes due to sound errors

Hey, I'm pulling out my hair right now cause I can't find a way to fix this. I have deleted all sounds mods, both disabled and uninstalled, I checked SupCom file integ and its validated all files, and I uninstalled and installed faf.

This only started happening when I replaced my HDD's with SSD's, both the same brand, size and etc.

I've figured out what is causing the crash but I can't fix it. The past few were always something to do with sound, the last one after I got rid of all sound modifications were the games own music tracks.

message (5).txt message (4).txt message (3).txt message (2).txt message (1).txt

These are all the recent crash files. If you can figure out how to fix it, please let me know

@the1defier You have a sound bug which you can tell by the SND/XACT warnings. Simple fix steps are:

• Windows key > type: Control Panel > Open > Sound > Playback > select the Device you use:
  • Configure > Stereo > finish configuration,
  • Properties:
  • Enhancements > Disable all enhancements,
  • Advanced > no higher than 24 bit, 48000 Hz,
  • Spatial Sound > Off,
  • Restart or Shift+Shutdown (not just Shutdown) of PC

If your headphones come with any applet/program, then you may want to disable that & try using the headphones without it. Similarly, if they use a USB or Bluetooth dongle to connect to the PC, see if you can connect directly without the dongle.

See this thread for further troubleshooting: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4084/solutions-for-snd-error-xact-invalid-arg-xact3dapply-failed

If all that fails to resolve the issue, then you may need to try installing a 3rd party device/driver like VoiceMeeter or VAC that can be used as a Stereo device for your system while re-routng the audio to the actual device you want to use.

@the1defier Also, for any future issue you have with the game, please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified, then use the most recent game_21xxxxxx.log file (should be of the game that just froze/crashed) so those that can help (not me) have a complete file of data to look at.