Inadequate monitor resolution

I have a modern gaming laptop with a 4070 mobile graphics card and 2560x1600 resolution. I had been running SC FA and playing on FAF. Occasionally I would get an unable to load 3d assets (or words to that effect) error when trying to join a game.
I changed the games resolution to windowed (2560x1600) but the unit icons were miniscule, so I reverted. I then started playing around with resolution to see what would be best.
I am now getting the "inadequate monitor resolution (minimum is 1024x768)" error shown.
I have been on the forums, found the game.prefs file and manually changed that and save all-ed the file after changing it. The game still drastically changes my resolution on start up and displays the inadequate monitor resolution message.

Please help.

b33e7c8a-750d-4f27-af7c-2bf8e095ace7-image.png

16ac8d11-15eb-4076-8b1a-40004f29e4e1-image.png

This doesn't work like this. Try primary_adapter = 'windowed',

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods
Support me

I would also suggest typing in game console ui_StrategicIconScale which allows you to set scale for strategic icons. By default to open console press tilda (`). For example ui_StrategicIconScale 2

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods
Support me

@jacko94

1 - my game prefs file looks different than what you have. Mine says:

primary_adapter = '3840,2160,30',

But you have something a little different, yours says:

primary_adapter = '2560x1600(240)',

I don't know if the parenthesis and the commas make a difference here

2 - check at the very beginning of the game prefs file, line 27, that also discusses resolution. This is what mine says:

options_overrides = {
                primary_adapter = {
                    default = '1024,768,60',
                    custom = {

If yours has a different default that might cause problems

3 - I would also do a word search for the word "adapter" to see what it says about the primary and secondary adapters, I think the error could be anywhere that adapters are mentioned

Hi guys,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
I had tried 'windowed' and 3 numbers separated by commas before, but this was my last attempt (I saw the resolutions for primary_adapter higher up and it had two similar lines for each resolution).

I really appreciate that strategic icon scale tip and will give it a go. Thank you.

I found the issue. For some reason on the compatability tab of the sc fa properties it was set to run in compatibility mode for windows 7 and run in 640x480 screen resolution was checked.
I have no idea why, I have never opened the properties for the game before. This is now resolved.