When do I use solaces?

Damage and DPS similar to Aeon T2 torpedo bombers, but solaces drop regular torpedoes, while T2 bombers drop depth charges; HP is 4.5 times higher, but they cost 6 times more. At least they have 1.5 times higher speed.

So, when do I use them?

I rarely even use torpedo bombers, since spamming T1 bombers seems stronger against navi.

solaces = snipe specific target such as an ACU underwater or later on you can use them to snipe e.g. seraphim cruisers since their AoE won't have as large of an impact against them as they do against t2 bombers.
Besides that, yes, t2 torp bombers are the way to go

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

And when do I use T2 torpedo bombers? Cruisers overkill T1 bombers, they look like the best antinavi choice

Frig-AA dmg is enough to make bombers basically useless; Sera and Aeon have hoverflak which also brutalises bombers. Also Torp bombers have more hp per mass which is important when it comes to stuff like frig-AA.

So t1 bomber-spam shouldn't be your choice anyway when it comes to navy.

@sladow-noob So, torp bombers when there are a lot of frigs, T1 bombers when there are a lot of cruisers? Because cruisers massively overkill T1 bombers

When do you see cruisers without frigates or hover flak?

@sladow-noob said in When do I use solaces?:

When do you see cruisers without frigates or hover flak?

This, and also seraphim cruisers have really powerful flak of their own.

(tbh I use plenty of torpedo bombers, but as soon as cruisers show up, I get really scared unless I overbuilt torpedo bombers!)

I have a hard time using the Solace. If I need to hit something that's behind a lot of AA, I might consider it, but mostly the pure strength in numbers of skimmers.