Linking Steam Glitched

Hello.

I stupidly skimmed through the linking instructions for steam and didn't fully set my games list to public initially, but attempting to link it after doing this constatnly gives me the error : You linked this account already to user with name 'n8to'. However when logging in using the launcher I am informed that a copy of forged alliance has not been linked.

What's the fix for this, I can't be the only person to have done it?

Are you logging into the FAF client with the correct username (n8to)?

If so, then is the client actually asking you to link to Steam or GOG to verify ownership or is it asking you to select the directory where you have your Steam or GOG SCFA installed?

It's taking me from the client to the web browser to log in, then its instructing me to verify that I have purchased a copy via steam, I go to the process to link my steam account (which i've already done, just with my games list freinds only) and once I have gone through that process redirects me to the orginal steam link page with the error message account already linked to n8to.

The account N8T0 has no steam linked. You have linked it to a different account. If you need further help, PM me here or in Discord.

Thanks magge will do