Commander Survival Kit (A new SIM Mod)

I really like the saucers!

Reminds me of a project I was never able to finish that used CZAR like saucer with a tractor beam turret mounted at the center. It could tractor up any moble T1 -T3 unit, destroy it, then fire the corpse off as a projectile. The circumference of the saucer would fire off four snub fighters that were completely script controlled, and thus bound to the parent unit.

Side note: This was a unit somewhere between a T3 an an experimental.

While I sadly no longer have the files, the script for it was used to upgrade the Aeon colossus with similar capabilities. The snub fighters are used in 4DC's T3 Cybran faction.

@resin_smoker
Well I didn't have played 4DC with DMS in the past. So I cannot tell anything about these Unit Status Icons. It Sounds Interesting to me so I will Check it Out. However CSK Units is Not focused on to add new or modify UI Elements of the Game so much compared to the Sim Mod: Commander Survival Kit. As I remember DMS was Not fully functional Ingame on my Side even with an correct Install. So I didn't understand what this Mod actually do in Detail.

Glad to hear you like my Flying Saucers.
There are few other Flying Saucers planned for the Aeon which will use an Tractor Beam as thier Main Weapon. So I will probably use your Unit Thrower for thier Tractor Beams.

Next to of the Tractor Beam.
I have an Concept for an another Gravity Weapon for the Aeon, which I will integrate into CSK Units soon. Its currently in Development so more information about it is coming soon.

Regarding to your Black Hole Weapon:
As already mentioned in my request, which I have send to you as an PM. I will integrate this Weapon into CSK Units soon as Well. However I will create an new Black Hole Effect to make it Look more spectacular. Do you still have the Code of the Black Hole which Changes/Alters the Terrian as well?

@cdrmv There is a command that alters the terrain height. (forgot its name) It sets a specific area all to the same height, which isn't so great if your attempting to make craters. What we did was to apply the effect is small steps radiating outwards, with each step outwards not being as deep as the one before it. Repeat this a few times in a circumference around a point to make a realistic looking crater. The smaller the elements used the smoother the crater will be.

Beware that there is a limit to how much you can take away before the whole map becomes just an ocean. Which is profoundly game breaking, as this could be used to deny an opponent the chance to build anything.

Hold the phone... found the script in DMS !!! Not sure if this is the exact one I was working with but this should be a good start for you in any case.

#in order of aperance
#chose deformation type code for all deform functions
#artilery deformation code for most weapons
#code to deform the terain

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#chose deformation type code

#types
#artilery
#nuke?
#czar beam
#czar die

#deformsettings = {
#
#	artilery = {     -- deforms a crater for standard artilery
#	radiusI = 5,  -- Radius of inner bowl
#	radiusO = 6,   -- Width of outer mound
#	depth = 2,   -- Depth of bowl
#	mound = 1   -- Height of mound
#	}
#
#	Beam = {
#	radius = 5,  -- Radius of crater
#	rate = 1 -- deduction in height per second
#	}
#
#	CZAR = {
#	rotation = 180 --rotation of czar
#	}
#
#}

Deform = function(x, z, deformsettings)
	if deformsettings.artilery then
		local artilery = deformsettings.artilery
		LOG('artilery crater at --> '..x..' , '..z)
		artilerycrater(x,z,artilery.radiusI, artilery.radiusO, artilery.Depth, artilery.mound)
	else
		PrintText("deformsetings incorrect",20,'FFFFFFFF',10,'center')
	end
end

#artilery deformation code

artilerycrater = function(x,z,radiusI,radiusO,depth,mound)
	local modheights = {}
	zonesize = 1
	x = math.floor(x)
	z = math.floor(z)
	local totalradius = radiusI+radiusO
	--Calculate all height changes
		for j = -totalradius, totalradius-1 do
			for k = -totalradius, totalradius-1 do
			local radius = VDist2(j+25, k+25, 25, 25)
				if radius < totalradius then
					local heightmod = 0

if radius < radiusI then
						-- Inner bowl
						heightmod = -(math.sqrt(radiusI*radiusI - radius*radius)) * depth / radiusI
					else
						-- Outer berm
						if radiusO > 0 then
							local r2 = totalradius - radius
							heightmod = math.sqrt(radiusO*radiusO - r2*r2) * mound / radiusO
						end
					end
					local height = GetTerrainHeight(x + j, z + k)
					modheights[table.getn(modheights)+1] = {x+j, z+k,heightmod, height}

end
			end
		end
		PerformModifications(modheights)
end

#master deformer code

function PerformModifications(modheights)
	local sizeX, sizeZ = GetMapSize()
	records = table.getn(modheights)
		for row = 1, records do
#		gather data from table
		teraindat = modheights[row]
		local x = teraindat[1]
		local z = teraindat[2]
		local heightmod = teraindat[3]
		local height = teraindat[4]
		FlattenMapRect(x, z, 0, 0, height + heightmod)				
		end
end

The specific command is called "FlattenRect(x, z, sizex, sizez, elevation)"

Another use for this script is to be able to raise or lower terrain to make a land bridge between islands on-command. It's also possible (i think) to reverse the process so long as the commands are run in reverse sequence. Though I've never tried it to be sure.

Reminds me of a command in SC1 that got decremented in SCFA.... Add impulse !

Could make units fly from the impact of weapon rounds, and man was this fun.

Edit: I found a copy of the WOF that i was working on for SCFA. 4DC_WOF_V0.8.zip

Note: Was not able to find the original mod for SC.

Unfortunately I never quite finished it, parts of it do work, though I'm not so sure it will work at all with FAF. in a nutshell, I abused projectile helpers to "move: units about.

@resin_smoker
That Sounds very promising.
I will Check Out the Code soon.
Next to of an Crater I think this Code could be useful too to Create Terrian Cracks for Earthquakes. CSK Units will include a few Units which will cause a few Natural Disasters. An Vulcanic Eruption, Earthquake (Underground Units and Seismic Defense) and a few more. These Natural Disasters will appear in the Sim Mod Commander Survival Kit in an new Section as Well. But a few of them will be created/appear in an different Way compared in CSK Units.

Here are a few Video Presentations of a few Natural Disasters, which I have already created:

Volcano
https://www.moddb.com/mods/commander-survival-kit-csk/videos/vulcano-preview4#imagebox

Earthquake
https://www.moddb.com/mods/commander-survival-kit-csk/videos/earthquake-preview#imagebox

Thunderstorm
https://www.moddb.com/mods/commander-survival-kit-csk/videos/thunderstorm-preview#imagebox

Regarding to the Wof Mod.
I think this could be usable for my Tornados. Seeing several Land Units and Props flying around of an Tornado would Look Epic i some Ways

Regarding to an Bridge:
As I remember correctly Balthazar has helped Gnio to Create an functional Bridge for the Game and introduce it into Gnios Black Mesa Mod. Unfortunately I didn't have Seen it so far personally how he has created it. I Just have read it somewhere on Discord in the past. I think he had probably use the Same Way as you have mentioned by changing the Terrain to Create an Bridge.

Hello everyone,
Just want to present you a Small Development Update this time. As you know the Commander Survival Kit Project will introduce Natural Disasters into the Game.
Last Year I have created an Volcano which was using two different 3D Models and fires Lava Bombs around it.

You can See the old Volcano here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/commander-survival-kit-csk/videos/vulcano-preview4#imagebox

However I have fully rework the Volcano in its Appearence in the Game.
And this opens the Door to add new Features to it.
The Volcano itself is No longer an 3D Model.
He is now generated by Terrain Deformation.

Big Thanks goes to Balthazar for His Crater Mod

You can See here a few Screenshots:
b68b22ea-df4b-4383-9e3e-2f6b98339795-image.png 7ccccaa467c34ee0e5dc5ad63bbe42c0af3a3f0d16463e0ef54d410&

04be3d19-2c1f-4259-8389-57841ca43528-image.png

Of course the Volcano will appear in different Variations depends on the Terraintype.

Volcano (Show/Ice Map Version):
ac29c250-5ffd-489c-a0e2-a34a98f96207-image.png

Volcano (Desert Version):

0e1e79af-09be-46c3-ae89-00f9be63cd98-image.png
And some more will be added soon.

What are the Features of the Volcano in General:

Lava Bombs:
Lava Projectiles which will be Shot Out of the Volcano Crater.
They cause devastating Damage to Units, but they Impact Location is Random around the Volcano.

The following two Features are controllable by the Player, which has created the Volcano.

Pyroclastic Flow:
Very hot Coulds created by Ash and Lava which moves down of an Volcano Flank,
They causes devastating Damage to Units and are able to Move on Water.
The Pyroclastic Flow is using an Movable Dummy Amphibious Unit

Lava Flow (Currently in Development):
The current Lava Flow is just an Placeholder Texture.
But the Final Version will Work similar Like an Pyroclastic Flow with an Dummy Unit. However instead of Moving on the Water they will be able to Move on Seabed for an short time,
The Lava Flow will cools down in Water and Create new Terrain (Islands), which you can use to build additional Bases.

The Volcano will appear in different Variations:
For example as an Shield Volcano, Strato Volcano and so on.

Does the Volcano Supports Save Games:
Yes the Terrain Deformation of the Volcano will be saved in Save Games as Well.

I will prepare an Demonstration Video soon, where you can See the Current Stage of the Volcano Ingame.

Stay tuned for more, because CSK Units will get the First Seraphim Units soon.
Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
I Just want to let you know the next Development Updates are coming soon.
I have decide to take an Break for a few Weeks because of Real Life Stuff.
The next upcoming Updates will introduce several new Units and Features.
One of the Highlights will be the First Wave of new Units for the Seraphim. πŸ˜‰
So stay tuned for more Updates.
Best regards
CDRMV

@cdrmv Good to hear! Take all the time you need, like I said before, this is the best stuff I've seen for Supreme Commander in years (maybe even a decade at this point lol). Plus, it's not like you're not still releasing all of your additions on GitHub anyway, so we can still enjoy all the new stuff while you develop it ^^

Hello everyone,
Its time for an new Development Update of this Project.
This Time the first Wave of new Seraphim Units and a new UEF Support Air Unithas been seen on the Battlefield.
Lets jump to it to see them:

'Isthu Asama' - Tech 3 Heavy Assault Walker:
A four legged armored Walker, which comes with an integrated Bubble Shield Generator. The Walker is armed with 4 Rapid Fire Energy Weapons and two Tactical Missile Launchers. This Unit will get AA Missiles in the next Update, as an alternative Weapon to the Tactical Missiles. Both will be linked with an Weapon Toggle Button to switch them. The Walker is buildable in the regular Tech 3 Land Factory, Amphibious and Fast. The Design is based on the Chimera Stalker from the two PS3 Video Games Resistance 2 and 3
acae7ed0-6031-4962-8cd6-8750d053b0dc-image.png
22e01f21-da82-4872-b044-726bf82677cd-image.png

'Isthu Yhona' - Tech 3 Super Heavy Missile Walker
A large 4 Legged Walker armed with two Tactical Missile Launchers which fires 6 Missiles in Total. However the Walker comes with an Special Toggle Ability to Enable or Disable the Mini Tactical Nuke Mode. This Mode gives your the Ability to Build 6 Mini Tactical Nukes, which can be fired Manually to an Target Location. The Design of this Walker is based on the Chimera Goliath Walker from the Video Games:
Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Resistance 3.
c682316b-0174-415b-a1fd-32666a78eb91-image.png
37b1b630-71a0-419e-9159-41b30e107a29-image.png

'Isanthu Mayatha' - Tech 3 Super Heavy Assault Tripod:
A large Armored 3 Legged Walker. It is armed with two advanced Energy Beam Cannons with an higher Damage Output and larger Range compared to the Combat Scout Tripod. The Design is based on the Alien Tripod from the 2005 Movie War of the Worlds.
1ee2d038-0aeb-4b5c-922d-37a74e9e5821-image.png
be5ec155-d38f-448f-8767-41610c825864-image.png

'Isanthu Gtho' - Tech 3 Combat Scout Tripod
A 3 Legged Walker, which is armed with an powerful Energy Beam. Its integrated Radar and Sonar Device makes it really usable as an Scout. This Unit is amphibious and can walk on the seabed. This Walker will get the Acid Cloud Ability in the next upcoming Early Access Updates. The Design is based on the Hierarchy tripod walker from the Game Universe at War.
c0068d41-20c3-4000-b657-9f8b481ebbe7-image.png

'Mithoo' - Tech 3 Type 2 Attack Drone:
A large Air Drone which is artmed with two Rapid Fire Energy Blasters. The Design of this Unit is based on the Type 2 Drone from the Games Earth Defense Force 5 and 6.
78985c3c-8bb2-4206-91b1-33abc4f95484-image.png

'ASham' - Tech 1 Flying Saucer
This small Seraphim Flying Saucer is actually an Prototype of an Flying Anti Gravity Vessel. It is armed with an Rapid Fire Energy Weapon in its Center.
6afddd3a-90eb-43ac-b194-dca356de7c5e-image.png

'ASham Ithum' - Tech 2 Flying Saucer
The Successor of the ASham but with different Design, which is developed over an small Quantum Portal Core Generator. This Flying Saucer uses the Quantum Portal Core Generator to an fire Energy Weapon on the Target. The Energy Weapon is fired by an Device form the other Side of the Portal and comes out of Energy Core in the Center of this Flying Saucer.
ace3d30c-bd58-4a83-ac8e-1bbf697bb83a-image.png

'ASham Itas' - Tech 3 Flying Saucer
The Successor of the ASham Ithum. It is armed with Improved Quantum Portal Core Generator to shot an Energy Beam on the Target. The Beam is fired by an Device form the other Side of the Portal and comes out of Energy Core in the Center of this Flying Saucer.
933ac5d7-e9e3-400e-8f39-6c0e4805882f-image.png

As mentioned before the UEF has get a new Support Air Unit as well.

'BC-77 Globemaster' - Tech 3 Reinforcement Plane
A large Cargo Aircraft, which is designed to Transport Support Devices and Vehicles to the Battlefield. The Unit will drop three Factory Containers, which are able to build a single Land Unit of your choice as Land Reinforcement. Each Container will disappear after the Build Process is finished and needs to be called by the Plane again for more new Land Reinforcements. Additionally this Air Unit comes with an Prototype of my Anti Air Missile Flare System for preview Testing. The Flare System Checks of any enemy Anti Air Unit in range and will deploy the Flare Projectiles to intercept the Anti Air Missiles. If the Factory Containers are going to be dropped on an Location the Air Unit will use the Flare System as well to make you know the Containers have been arrived on the Target Location.

This Air Unit will later get two alternative Features for the Factory Containers to drop an special Designed Defense turret or Support Devices to give your Land Units a few useful Buffs.
9f25e952-2079-41c9-bcb7-000e60f3d6b2-image.png
30dcb158-56ef-4b9b-bf5f-5db6f8e44723-image.png
6526587b-9082-4ea7-9bad-d44f898f8ec9-image.png

All new Units are now available in Early Access on Github for Testing.
They are included in the Mod: Commander Survival Kit Units.

Looking forward for your Feedback.
Stay tuned for more Updates. πŸ˜‰
Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
its time for an new Development Update of this Project.

Commander Survival Kit (Sim Mod):

Callable Airstrikes and Air Reinforcements:
Finally after some Experiments with the Code:
Callable Airstrikes and Air Reinforcements by the two Managers are now working in the Campaign. The Code behind the Spawn Mechanic has been Improved to check whether the spawnposition is in the playable area of ​​the map. Additionally it checks which Gamemode (Campaign, Skirmish or whatever) the Player is currently playing to load the correct Spawn Code for them.

9463b5da-c0fe-46ed-ae1f-816677458a80-image.png

The Campaign Fix is now available in the official Github Version of the Sim Mod: Commander Survival Kit and will be included in the next upcoming official Release. If you use an old Version of the Commander Survival Kit please delete it first and install then the Github Version.

Please Note:
There is an small Issue in terms of the Disappear Mechanic, where Airstrike Air Units doesn't disappear if they reach the other Side of the Playable Area (Map). As always, I'm already looking for a fix. So stay tuned for upcoming Updates regarding to this.

Commander Survival Kit Units:

4 new Seraphim units has been added into the Mod

'Isanthu Asthum' - Tech 3 Recycling Tripod
A 3 Legged Walker armed with an Reclaiming Cannon.The Improved Targeting System of the Cannon allows it to reclaim enemy Land and Naval Units in an specific Range automatically. So this Walker use Reclaim only as its Main Weapon and comes with an large amount of Health Points. The Design is based on the Hierarchy Reaper Drone Walker from the Videogame Universe at War.

Guide to use it correctly:
Order the Unit to Move in the near of an Enemy Unit. If it stops it will start the Reclaim Process automatically. The Range of it is a Bit smaller to its Visible Range.

a5cbe921-ddee-4bb5-9223-8d907737ef60-image.png

'Isanthu Kthan' - Tech 3 Combat Multifunction Tripod
A 3 Legged Walker which comes with 5 different Weapon Variations. That means this Unit comes with the Weapon Random and Enhancement Upgrade System to support several different Weapon Layouts as Variations. The Tripod gets access to an Strong Sniper Turret, Rapid Fire Energy Blasters or Beam Cannons. All three can appear as an single or mixed Weapon Layout Configuration. Since the tripod does not have a fully rotatable torso, it must be positioned strategically. Only then can he fire his weapons. The Design is based on the Tripod from the Video Game Half Life and on the BBC Tripod.
2ab582ca-7825-4285-a21c-614b7e18e2d5-image.png
0f657c03-750a-472e-827e-48714771f22e-image.png
4ec272c3-62fc-4fa0-8488-246dac3c21b4-image.png

'Isanthu Defanthum' - Tech 3 Deployable Rapid Fire Turret
A 3 Legged Walker, which is armed with an new type of an Rapid Fire Turret.
It comes with an Toggle Button to switch from Mobile to Stationary Mode and backwards. The Walker is amphibious, but is not be able to deploy into Stationary Mode in Water and Seabed. The Design is based on an unused Concept of an Hierarchy Walker from the Video Game Universe at War.

Undeployed (Mobile):
d199f925-d5e3-401a-85bf-642b3a7cc3d1-image.png

Deployed (Stationary):
7c76badb-f10a-4cfa-bc47-cc8c222cb62f-image.png

'Isanthu Xhantha' - Tech 3 Mobile Missile Battery Tripod
A 3 Legged Walker which is armed with 8 Ihana Missile Launchers for Long Range Fire Support. The Walker is amphibious and has an good Movement Speed. However he only has 1500 Health, which makes him weak against enemy attacks.
06bc51f2-f027-4896-8854-409e8f325deb-image.png

All new Units are now available in Early Access on Github for Testing.
They are included in the Mod: Commander Survival Kit Units.

Looking forward for your Feedback.
Stay tuned for more Updates. πŸ˜‰
Best regards
CDRMV

Regarding to the Issue about the Disappear Mechanic of the Callable Airstrikes.
After a few additionally Analyzes by myself the Code itself is working in General. I have notice that the Air Units will disappear mostly If they reach the Border of the Playable Area/Map. However they will Not always disappear If Enemy Units are in thier Range for some Reason. So sometimes they will start to do an Attack Run after that until No Enemy Units are in thier Range. If the Airstrike Air Units are in Idle Stage again they will disappear as expected. Even If there are inside the Map, which can look funny sometimes. An Possibile Cause of this Problem could be an Overlap of the Playable Areas on the Map, which Breaks the Code a Bit for a few Areas but that is an theory by myself. I will still Look to find an fix for it, which I can't clearly give an garantee for it. So maybe we will need to Life with this small funny Issue in the future.

Hello everyone,
The Fire Support Manager of the Commander Survival Kit has get new Additions.
Of course for all Factions. πŸ˜‰
8caf32e4-5814-49ea-81db-e0a067ae6b7e-image.png

213baf3c-2960-4f7f-9c8b-0f45a6d60d1c-image.png

Players are now able to call a Strategic Missile on an Target Location. Or they can now Intercept an Incoming Strategic Missile with an callable Anti Strategic Missile over an Target Location.

These new callable Missile Barrages are now available in Early Access on Github. They can be find inside the Missile Section of the Fire Support Manager (Commander Survival Kit)

Two Surveys:
The following Surveys are focused on the two Managers of the Commander Survival Kit.

Should Experimental Units appear as callable Reinforcements?

Available Options for this Survey:

• Yes
  • No
  • Only with an Lobby Option (Enable/Disable)

Should Experimental Air Units appear as callable Air Strikes?

Available Options for this Survey:

• Yes
  • No
  • Only with an Lobby Option (Enable/Disable)

Both Surveys are Open until next Sunday
I'm looking forward for the Results

Stay tuned for more Updates
Best regards
CDRMV

Hello everyone,
Just want to let you know I'm working on several new Stuff for the Commander Survival Kit this time.
Regarding to the Survey of the Introduction of callable Experimental Reinforcements:

Although there wasn't much participation in the survey here, the results on my Discord server were clearer. Callable Experimental Reinforcements will be added into the Reinforcements Manager of the Commander Survival Kit soon. They will be available for Land, Air and Naval. However they will be optional. That means a new Lobby Option to manage them will be added to the Mod as Well. So Players will be able to Enable or Disable the Access of Callable Experimental Reinforcements for thier Matches. The Access of Callable Experimental Reinforcements is usually disabled.

Additionally I'm working on several other new Stuff for the Commander Survival Kit:

For example new types of callable Air Strikes for each Faction.
New Drop Mechanics for callable UEF Land and Naval Reinforcements.
A more sorted Available Units Section of the Reinforcements Manager (Tech 1, Tech 2, Tech 3 and Experimental)
As mentioned above on the upcoming Introduction of callable Experimental Reinforcements
Two new buildable Structures (what they do will be revealed later)
Callable Dropable Turrets
And more.

Stay tuned for upcoming News and Updates related the topics above.
Best regards
CDRMV

How long until the full release of your mod?
I just redownloaded FAF after my hiatus and remembered your mod.
It was a blast to play with the previous versions!

( Ν‘Β° ΝœΚ– Ν‘Β°)

@comradestryker

If everything goes according to plan, we will see the next official version of the Commander Survival Kit (Version: 1.20) between Christmas and New Year's Eve this year. If not then in January or February 2025 Until the new version of the Commander Survival Kit is released, you can download the official developer version from GitHub at any time. The Developer Version will be expanded with new functions and features with the next Early Access updates. At the moment the development progress for the next version of the Commander Survival Kit (Version: 1.20) is progressing very well.