Rating

@blodir

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I appreciate it!

My rating is actually at 129 as of 1/16/23. I played gap and finished 3 out of 12 players then lost another 13 points. That may help to color my questions and explain my frustration. This isn't the first time I did well, our team won, and I lost points.

Something seams off for the last couple of months and I'm not sure why.

Thanks again!

Often when players get confused about this it's just because they die in a game early, join another one & win - then leave at the end of that to see their rating went down since the rating loss from the first game was more than the rating gain from the second game.

You can see the rating gain/loss on any specific game in the replay tab, don't try to guess which game won/lost rating from your overall rating.

@wikingest

This is very helpful!

Thank you!

I just finished Gap of Rodan ranked #1 and lost 13 points. None of my 3 teammates protected their ACU's even though I pointed out to them to do so. I still lost 13 points. Doesn't matter when we lose if I suck or do very well in trying to win. I still lose the same number of points. That's not right! I took on 4 players and held them off for over 15 minutes. In fact, I was close to being able to get them with Super weapons and made one mistake. I wish they would fix this ranking system to account for if you do good or bad in game. I seam to be very unlucky.

I use autopbalance and still loose 75% of our games

Skill issue. Sorry but not sorry.

@xiaomao

🙂

@denverdan123

I noticed in this last match the scores varied a lot which is good. That shows the algorithm does account for how everyone played. I will watch other players to learn more and get better. Thanks again for the feedback!

This post is deleted!

sometimes some matches take a while to get ranked, i think it happens when somebody stays in game after the match is over, bcs hes afk or forgets about it. when you now play your next game and win it seems your ranking isnt increased at all.

the difference in ranking points you get depends on the peoples rank, the balance % and your total games played. When the balance is against you and you win you get more points. when you are the lowest rank in lobby and win you get more points. the lesser games you played the more volatile your rank is bcs the system isnt sure about your skill level yet. also you get more points in games with less players.

its basic statistics, the more often you repeat something the more stable is the result or smthng:P just play many different maps, map gen and tmm, this will make you truly better, not perfectioning your super tight gap bo

@denverdan123
Ok take two. Cuz mods are strange...

No, the effin in game score doesn't matter at all. Only if you won or didn't. That's effin all.
Forget looking at pretty graphs at the end of the game. You can kill yourself minute 2 and still get points if you win the game. Simple as. Outcome is all that matters on your part of getting the trueskill points. So for the love of god, get it through your skull that your performance doesn't matter for how much points you get or lose...