Rating

@penguin_

Thanks for getting back to me. I would believe this if I didn't also lose points when I am playing with 11 other players that have a higher rating than me and we win. That is exactly what happened. I placed 3rd in scoring on the winning team and lost 13 points.

Either the rating system is more complicated than relayed or something us wrong and I don't know what it is.

BTW the games I am referring to that we lost. I actually helped my teammates a lot, especially as they got behind. The last game we lost I helped with navy and air and still kept up with anti air, and eco.

I love this game but am very frustrated.

@ftxcommando

I did that today. I just played gap and placed 3 out of 12 teams. We won and yet I lost another 13 points. The average rating was 600 and mine is down to 100. How could I possibly have lost 13 points? That's not right.

I was eco and did a good job creating extra mass and power. Enough to power nukes. My teammates won the game with air after only 34 min before my nukes came online but I still did what I was supposed to and cannot understand how it managed to lower my rating again.

MasterBlaster86

@wikingest

MasterBlaster 86.

I play with different hosts and a variety of other players. I also host some of my own games for Noobs. Mostly Gap.

I lose points win or lose and rather I am playing up or with players close to my rank. Didn't used to have this problem. I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the reply!

@denverdan123

I meant I finished 3rd out of 12 players not teams., and was on the winning team but lost 13 points!

@denverdan123 said in Rating:

@wikingest

MasterBlaster 86.

I play with different hosts and a variety of other players. I also host some of my own games for Noobs. Mostly Gap.

I lose points win or lose and rather I am playing up or with players close to my rank. Didn't used to have this problem. I'm not sure what is going on.

Thanks for the reply!

93c0b6e3-e870-4605-8697-74f69ec3ef0e-image.png
You were 142, then you lost a game and went down to 129.

0d23504f-1c5d-4a74-827e-747575de55ee-image.png
Then you won a game and went went 129->141.

96e70655-eb55-4c16-a28f-be3611f55a08-image.png
Which is where you stand today.

Looks correct to me? Note that the modded 2v4 games that you played in between were not ranked games.

@denverdan123

1. Ingame score is often useless. Maybe not broken, but just badly done. And it does not influence your rating. Just ignore it.

2. So, let me know if you dont see the same thing. In FAF client you have a "Replay" tab on top side. Opening it up, you should find yourself in "FAF Replays" tab. With your last game in top left. Game named "Monkey..."(But you can always search replays using player names, rating and other parametres.) If you klick once on the game, it will open window, with some details, and on right side button "Show rating change". If you click on button, it will show points earned or lost in this game. For you I see 129 points +12. Meaning you had 129 points before game, and earned 12 more.

Now if you go into "Show user info"... I do that by right clicking on your name and selecting "Show user info", you will arrive into "General" tab, with chart on lover side of the window. On higher part you have among other things, "Global", with below 191 games and 141 rating. Note that 141 is 129+12. Also, if you join some lobby you should see 141 points for you. And that should be a correct number.

Now if you look at the chart, the last number I can catch, is 133. This is broken. And wrong number. I have not checked FAF code, but I think it is a coding error. And it goes on for quite long time already. Just ignore it.

1. I gave a fast look on your replay... And... Your opponent had 500 rating and two times more eco. There is room to improve. I believe someone shared educational material on this forum. And besides that you can look at replays from "Replays" tab, to see how your opponent played the same spot or how some high rated player plays this spot etc. You can search for different replays. Also there are some casters and streamers that you can check out on FAForever forums> Announcements> Looking for volunteers> Up to date thread of good casters. I am not telling, that it is up to date, but you can go on from there.

(Moved author’s post elsewhere on the same point to this thread)

@blodir

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I appreciate it!

My rating is actually at 129 as of 1/16/23. I played gap and finished 3 out of 12 players then lost another 13 points. That may help to color my questions and explain my frustration. This isn't the first time I did well, our team won, and I lost points.

Something seams off for the last couple of months and I'm not sure why.

Thanks again!

Often when players get confused about this it's just because they die in a game early, join another one & win - then leave at the end of that to see their rating went down since the rating loss from the first game was more than the rating gain from the second game.

You can see the rating gain/loss on any specific game in the replay tab, don't try to guess which game won/lost rating from your overall rating.

@wikingest

This is very helpful!

Thank you!

I just finished Gap of Rodan ranked #1 and lost 13 points. None of my 3 teammates protected their ACU's even though I pointed out to them to do so. I still lost 13 points. Doesn't matter when we lose if I suck or do very well in trying to win. I still lose the same number of points. That's not right! I took on 4 players and held them off for over 15 minutes. In fact, I was close to being able to get them with Super weapons and made one mistake. I wish they would fix this ranking system to account for if you do good or bad in game. I seam to be very unlucky.

I use autopbalance and still loose 75% of our games

Skill issue. Sorry but not sorry.

@xiaomao

🙂

@denverdan123

I noticed in this last match the scores varied a lot which is good. That shows the algorithm does account for how everyone played. I will watch other players to learn more and get better. Thanks again for the feedback!

This post is deleted!

sometimes some matches take a while to get ranked, i think it happens when somebody stays in game after the match is over, bcs hes afk or forgets about it. when you now play your next game and win it seems your ranking isnt increased at all.

the difference in ranking points you get depends on the peoples rank, the balance % and your total games played. When the balance is against you and you win you get more points. when you are the lowest rank in lobby and win you get more points. the lesser games you played the more volatile your rank is bcs the system isnt sure about your skill level yet. also you get more points in games with less players.

its basic statistics, the more often you repeat something the more stable is the result or smthng:P just play many different maps, map gen and tmm, this will make you truly better, not perfectioning your super tight gap bo

@denverdan123
Ok take two. Cuz mods are strange...

No, the effin in game score doesn't matter at all. Only if you won or didn't. That's effin all.
Forget looking at pretty graphs at the end of the game. You can kill yourself minute 2 and still get points if you win the game. Simple as. Outcome is all that matters on your part of getting the trueskill points. So for the love of god, get it through your skull that your performance doesn't matter for how much points you get or lose...