I can't log in . An unseen until now problem

Hello
I have been playing Supreme Commander since Vanilla and FAF since its creation.

Lately I try to log in and instead of going to the normal client the next window appears which prompts me to log in via browser(?)

Screenshot_6.png

Then this:
Screenshot_7.png

Then this:

Screenshot_8.png

Then this:
Screenshot_9.png

And then nothing happens. It should be happening as my game is linked to steam.

Screenshot_12.png

If I click out of curiosity on link account to steam , this happens
Screenshot_13.png

and then this:

Screenshot_15.png

Which is correct(my alias , last change is indeed prodromosregalid and it used to be somordorp an anagram of my real name prodromos. This used to work , no problem at all untill recently.

I have a suspicion this is happening because I changed the internet provider , and so maybe the security checks identify a new player, because of a new connection.

I don't really know.
Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Your problem is that you created 2 different accounts and think one is an alias of the other.
It has nothing to do with your internet provider or anything.

prodromos
prodromosregalid

are 2 different accounts. The probably both belong to you. Only prodromosregalid is linked to steam, so you rather use this one for login.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@brutus5000
You are my saviour!

Back in the day , if I remember correctly, you could not log into forged allinace from 2 different computers. (home and office) hence my 2 accounts , one of which is now obsolete as only the prodromosregalid was linked to Steam. As years pass we forget.

But I owe you one!

Thank you a ton!