Why do I need to link my account to Steam?

@Feliand log out and back in

This post is deleted!

steam still don't want to link, password manager wanna cash, and I still don't know what I must do to play qwq

Feliand help us to help you. Make a calm and detailed post on what you are doing and whats going wrong when.

This post is deleted!

Is it possible to unlink the Steam account once the check is done?

No. There is no reason to do that, because you are only allowed to have one FAF account. If you want to rename your account, you don't need to create a 2nd account, you can just do that with your existing account.

I was thinking about unlinking the Steam account in order to break the trend of having to create accounts everywhere and link accounts everywhere our societies are diving into at the moment. I mean: for fuck sake, why do I have to "create an account" — I always have the "genius toll face" meme coming in my mind when I read or write that — to listen to the radio? Even 9GAG asked me to link my Facebook account to post shit memes, which I didn't have, so I create a Facebook account on the spot... It's really part of a more general rant of mine against ACCOUNTS and LINKS everywhere, not about setting profile data.

We do this to protect ourselves legally. I have no clue why other services do it.

Also we will never support an unlink feature because people will misuse this to circumvent the rating system.

Does removing the FAF account unlink the Steam account?