Loading screen tips-can you change them?

Can you change the loading screen tips? I've tried changing it through a hooked strings_db locale file, but it doesn't work 😞 which is strange, since that same file can be used to change other things like unit names and descriptions.

I've also tried changing /lua/ui/help/loadingtips.lua by putting it in /hook/lua to no avail.

Any ideas?

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

Loading screen is displayed before any mod is loaded, so you can't hook it with a mod.

Why do you need to change the loadingtips localy on your machine ?

in case you need to test something you can modify the file
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\lua.nx2\ui\help\loadingtips.lua

To see the effect you also need to modify your language file.
(basically you only need to change the language file)
C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata\loc.nx2\US\strings_db.lua

.nx2 is only a zip archive.

I would want to integrate it into a mod-but that does make sense if it can't be hooked, because it's being displayed while the mod is being loaded.

Thanks!

Wars of Glory: FAF reimagined. Now casting (somewhat) regularly!

Discord link in the Mod Vault description!

@Vanifica

have in mind you always can distribute new loadingtips to the game itself.
Just write an issue or make an PR on Github:
https://github.com/FAForever/fa

Depending on your effort and the quality of your tips it would be also possible to patch the game
and make it possible to load tips from a mod before the loading screen is displayed.
(i would not like that, good tips should be available from the default game)

Last "and" least you can make a .SCD mod. That means you make an archive with the changed files and put it direcly as *.scd file into the gamedata directory. This will overwrite the original files before loading the game.
But i would not recommend that. Since it will overwrite the original files it must be fixed after every game patch.

Including your tips to the game itself (Git-Hub) would be the best option!