FAForever Forums
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Login
    The current pre-release of the client ("pioneer" in the version) is only compatible to itself. So you can only play with other testers. Please be aware!

    Problem with templates, can anyone help me?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved I need help
    5 Posts 2 Posters 5 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      ThomasHW1983
      last edited by

      I am brand new to FAF and only have a small amount of experience with the game via Steam as well. I do know the basic use of templates however, and I can't get them to work in FAF except in one specific way and only with the ACU.

      I can start a new map, single player, and have my ACU built 2 T1 power generators, then select them both, click the "save template" button, then click on my ACU and click the fifth tab "build templates" and the template will be there. However, immediately after that i can click on any engineer of any teir and when i click on their "build templates" tab, nothing happens, I mean that whatever build options were there before clicking on the fifth tab, they stay exactly the same. this happens no matter how i test the engineers and building and saving, nothing changes when i click their 5th tab and i have no idea why. So I effectively can't use any templates.

      Can anyone help me fix this or tell me what I am doing wrong?
      Thanks!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        ThomasHW1983
        last edited by

        Oh also, even when the ACU has the template and it works for him, it still doesn't show up for any engineers

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • wilson_W Offline
          wilson_
          last edited by

          Welcome to FAF!

          You have to activate the build templates in the settings, if you haven't done it yet.

          If you want some more guidance, feel free to join the FAF Dojo.

          Doing stuff over at the FAF Dojo, and helping out with tournaments.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • T Offline
            ThomasHW1983
            last edited by

            Thanks 🙂

            Well I think I did that since it works for the ACU, I believe I checked that setting also.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              ThomasHW1983
              last edited by

              I have just learned something else.. strange, I CAN find the template menu for the engineer, but the only way to get to it is to click on the fifth tab, but remember the build menu doesn't change when i do that.. SO, i click instead on a simple energy storage and THEN the templates show up! is that normal or whats going on there? At least I ahve some functionality now, clunky though it is.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              • First post
                Last post