I've given up trying to play!!

On August 31 I downloaded a client from within the client and installed it after closing the client. Unfortunately, after the installation I received a Java error. So I proceeded to reinstall the client (downloaded from the FAF website) and updated Java. Neither corrected the problem.

The error I received was:

My error message was:
Exception in Application init method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:895)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(LauncherImpl.java:195)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot instantiate interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener : org.springframework.boot.cloud.CloudFoundryVcapEnvironmentPostProcessor
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.createSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:437)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.getSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:419)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.getSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:412)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.<init>(SpringApplication.java:269)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.<init>(SpringApplication.java:249)
at org.springframework.boot.builder.SpringApplicationBuilder.createSpringApplication(SpringApplicationBuilder.java:104)
at org.springframework.boot.builder.SpringApplicationBuilder.<init>(SpringApplicationBuilder.java:92)
at com.faforever.client.FafClientApplication.init(FafClientApplication.java:94)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:824)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: class org.springframework.boot.cloud.CloudFoundryVcapEnvironmentPostProcessor is not assignable to interface org.springframework.context.ApplicationListener
at org.springframework.util.Assert.assignableCheckFailed(Assert.java:673)
at org.springframework.util.Assert.isAssignable(Assert.java:604)
at org.springframework.util.Assert.isAssignable(Assert.java:635)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.createSpringFactoriesInstances(SpringApplication.java:431)
... 10 more

HELP!!

One other thing, what is the best way to install a client update? When I downloaded it from within the client, it took over 30 minutes. When I downloaded it from the FAF website, it took only 30 seconds. Why the difference in download times??

So, I haven't been able to play since August 31 and am about to give up!!

I use this V1.2.0RC2

download the appropriate .zip, unpack into an empty folder, then run the client from within that same folder.

And how do I do that??? What zip folder and where do I find it?

Thanks. Figured it out and it works.

Hey, great to hear. The download was under the 'assets' header, you seem to have figured it out though. Keep an eye out for the official update!

Btw there is a proper release of v1.2.0 now so u dont need to use some Release Candidate(RC) version, but yu client will also inform you about the update in the bell

Soon™️