How to add Phase shields to a unit and create custom unit meshes

@jip At once point we had a "phase" drone, similar in concept to the shield drone.... We abandoned this idea as it was too easy for the Phasing to be applied to a unit and become very unbalancing. (Especially if applied to an experimental) Thus we limited the Phasing to a select number of units that were non-offensive or had a non-offensive mode(s) such as the Flying Walker.

Uploaded V5 with the core UEF, Aeon and Seraphim units.
822898c5-3a53-4c1c-b7be-1e3159892a62-image.png

Side note: The mod manager leaves a lot to be desired. Having a hard time navigating things. Would like to clean out the old versions but I'm afraid to touch anything.

Resin

Forgot to add that I've updated the look of the unit phasing as it was too cloudy. It's much nicer now but I will continue to play with it till its clear but with signifigant details. I.E. Kinda of ghostly in appearance.

Do you have a Github repository for what you're converting/building here? 🙂

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

For Github or Git in general? If it is specifically Github, you can also use Gitlab.

The reason I am asking is because if everything is local on your machine then it becomes more difficult for people to collaborate.

@jip The core files have been around for over 10 years and in that time no one picked up the project. With that I hardly see the notion of collaboration thru Github as real possibility.

Edit: After the core units are done, sure let's Github them. Until then, changing my process this far in would be more harmful than helpful.

@resin_smoker the issue with say they been around for 10 years if they didn't have a licence that allowed other to fix them nothing we could do

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

The reason I was asking is because ideally, when you're done with your current goals, it would turn into something such as this:

Specifically the license here is what matters. It does not have to be MIT, but at least permissive enough to allow the community to (help) maintain the mod when you decide to move on again.

At the moment we have some struggles with various well known mod packs - we can't make certain game changes because it would break them. And as we are unable to contact the authors we can also not get the permission and/or a license to setup a Github repository and maintain them. As a result we did not make those game changes.

We're lucky that you got back here and started contributing again with your mod. We have much trouble contacting the original authors simply because all we usually have is a nickname and there's no way to verify that a person with a similar nickname is the original author. Which makes it all difficult 🙂