Game was not rated. Reason: Unranked Map

Why has this been implemented? All players join the game and expect a ranked game. The ranked status is not visible before joining or in the lobby as far as I know. Who decides these maps and on what criteria? It seems a very unnecessary and arbitrary option to me, I like to play all kinds of maps. In this instance it was "Astro Crater Battles 4x4 v2" All maps have their different kinds of fun and strategies, some players only play one kind, I like to mix as much as possible. So why introduce "unranked maps"?

Survival maps or unbalanced maps are perfect examples. Either the author of the map or a vault moderator made it unranked for some reason - I suspect it is the author as vault moderators typically just hide the map.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

U can not see inside the gamelobby if maps are unranked.
,“bad“ looking Maps and unbalanced are more often unranked.

I'd really prefer if there was an easy way to know in the lobby if the map is ranked or not especially if it's not ranked because it is an unfair / unbalanced map.

A lot of the time a map will state it in the vault though not always accurate it can help should some homework be done
As for survival maps among others it is generally common knowledge especially if it requires the "sandbox setting"
As seen here:
61d1f729-eae7-4fec-bbd7-b4e4d1a882d3-image.png

P.S. thought I commented earlier but did not: if the problem is with a game being unranked they are almost always safe to leave immediately once seen in the game.

Speaking up and asking is another good way to tell, it is very likely they don't know for sure but that is a sign to get out

Another way to tell is to download then test the map in question should all else fail by creating a custom lobby and starting the game, even with sandbox it will show in the usual spot with the usual text (on top of any other unranked factors)

@Lu7ky said in Game was not rated. Reason: Unranked Map:

A lot of the time a map will state it in the vault though not always accurate it can help should some homework be done
As for survival maps among others it is generally common knowledge especially if it requires the "sandbox setting"
As seen here:
61d1f729-eae7-4fec-bbd7-b4e4d1a882d3-image.png

P.S. thought I commented earlier but did not: if the problem is with a game being unranked they are almost always safe to leave immediately once seen in the game.

Speaking up and asking is another good way to tell, it is very likely they don't know for sure but that is a sign to get out

Another way to tell is to download then test the map in question should all else fail by creating a custom lobby and starting the game, even with sandbox it will show in the usual spot with the usual text (on top of any other unranked factors)

This doesn’t help when you join a game and the map itself is hidden in the vault.

@gumpy I kind of feel it does , specifically these parts of it.

@Lu7ky said in Game was not rated. Reason: Unranked Map:

I would like to mention as well that I do not wish to repeat myself even if it just involves the quote function because to me it seems like what is half of the text in that reply you quoted wasn't read at all. If a misunderstanding occurred that is ok just say so instead of simply writing something like.

@gumpy said in Game was not rated. Reason: Unranked Map:

This doesn’t help

If the case is where

@gumpy said in Game was not rated. Reason: Unranked Map:

when you join a game and the map itself is hidden in the vault.

Simply joining will download the map, I hope this clears up any misunderstandings and that I didn't come off too rudely I am not in a good mood due to some incidents last night.

@Lu7ky Not it's all fine we're just discussing things

The issue is, I join a game, the map DLs and I'm in lobby, IF that map is a hidden map how do I tell if it's unranked?

Wouldn't it be easy to see it in the lobby? just like it shows if you select the map in the vault?

@gumpy Yes this is a good idea (to be more accurate with the info)
Sorry if i sounded rude I just was not in a good mood at the time.

Having that information ready in the lobby is not trivial - the lobby is 'disconnected' from the client. If I recall the best we can do is generate a .lua file that represents the (un)ranked maps and use that information in the lobby. I think this has been done before for another feature to check if a map is out of date.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

That list would have thousands of entries

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice