I cannot connect to FAF

Hello everyone,

I cannot connect anymore to FAF.
I have a forever loading screen as shown below.

72622809-203d-4895-a894-33ffb13ca0f6-image.png

The server seems to work when I try to connect (according to discord status).

I reinstalled FAF client and it doesn't solve my issue.

How can I solve this?

Thanks a lot.

Your image has cropped the client version. Make sure you are on at least 23.10.0, better 23.11.10

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

@brutus5000 Thanks for your answer.

I think I have the latest version: 2023.11.0

c8dacc47-8bd1-40d4-8845-11512eb96c2d-image.png

You might need to add an exception/exclusion for the FAF client in your AV software firewall (even Windows Security).

FAF is allowed by my firewall and antivirus, I just checked. For instance when I launch it my firewall tells me that the connection is allowed:

e9f47e67-66e6-4774-865e-d63e2552489c-image.png

Do you have another guess on the possible source of the issue?

Logs would be helpful. But I haven'T the log path under Windows at hand.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

The log file from C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\logs\client.log is the following file:

client.log

The log file from C:\Program Files\FAF Client is the following file:

error.log

There are other log files in

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\logs\iceAdapterLogs
C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\logs\ircLogs
C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Forged Alliance Forever\logs\mapGeneratorLogs\

but they are all empty.

Thanks a lot.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: 'void com.faforever.commons.lobby.FafLobbyClient$Config.<init>(reactor.core.publisher.Mono, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.function.Function, int, boolean, long, long)'

This indicates a corrupted installation. I know you said you reinstalled that, but did you make sure you deleted the whole C:\Program Files\FAF Client folder after deinstallation? Our installer has a common problem deleting all files, and when files are leftover, this can lead to this problem.

– Benno Rice

It was the issue!

Indeed I used the uninstall software, I never manually delete the folder.

Thanks a lot!!