I thank whoever removed the flags

Less chat/lobby wars

That's just fallout from our DDoS related changes. We did not turn it off intentionally. It might come back at some point in the future.
Unless people actually confirm that the general community behavior has improved due to this.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Well, they were useful for knowing who might lag. If only in-lobby pings worked properly...

@brutus5000
Just curious, how is flags related to DDoS?

We put the lobby server behind a websocket-to-tcp bridge. Now the lobby server sees the internal bridge ip for all users.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

I like the flags. I like meeting people from our worldwide and getting a hint on language and location. I hope it comes back