SOUND FX NOT PLAYING IN GAME....But Music does....All of a SUDDEN this past week

Wierdest thing.....over the last week or so, every match I seem to lose the sound fx during play and only the music plays during the game......every other game, app, browser is absolutely fine. No audio issues whatsover.......this is the first time this has ever happened to me in FAF in over 10 years with the game......And its every game now since last week
did a recent update screw up the audio channels or something?

I made no new changes to my PC and it has always played the sound great

I reset settings in FAF, and in the actual Supreme Commander game during the match and made sure all audio sliders are full 100

I also reselected audio driver Realtek as the default driver to see if resetting it in Windows would fix......so far nothing. Could it be a latest FAF update that screwed things up?

No new headphones/speakers/monitors/TVs?

Did you maybe install some streaming/mirroring applications?

Did you check Sound (assuming Windows) and disabled all playback devices but the one you are using?

Did you check Audio inputs and outputs/Sound, video and game controllers/others under Device Manager?

Does every sound in game only play once and then never again?
Does a system reboot fix it?

No, the latest update didn't make any change in that regard, and I don't think it even can actually (but I'd trust someone more knowledgeable about that).

All good recommendations but I added nothing new to audio devices
no streaming mirroring apps
Went thru all sound settings in Windows, even reset them changed to different 2 channel playback qualities, DVD, CD, all different bit settings
Sound seems to be just missing some of the sounds....in game and also in lobby (for example when you hover over different players in a game lobby, it used to make a big bassy whoooooom.....no more)
some sound fx do play in game but it seems like alot are missing and I can no longer hear any of the sound bytes macros in game (for example, Goodbye!, You Cant Stop the EUF, Killing u will be .....all of em, cant hear me)
reboots. refafs this has been going on since last week,....and I think it was one of the updates recently where I noticed this change

im convinced its either a FAF or Windows update that affects only FAF that did this.......

I just plugged in a headset into the audio 3.5mm port and it is still missing all the same sound stuff in game....and only plays some music and some of the sound fx......team needs to look into this....something is wrong

I just want to reiterate that whatever it is, it's on your end...audio is still playing fine for me (and I'm sure you can appreciate how unlikely it is that the update somehow only affected you).

Only advice I can give is think back about what changed that made this bug appear.

I mentioned streaming apps because I once started using one to stream audio from PC to tablet and the audio drivers it installed messed up with faf (in my case it made me suffer the audio bug where all sounds only play once). Of course for you it might well be something else-your issue is very different.

Audio enhancements/spatial audio?

Seriously wish these errors were easier to troubleshoot but you are ultimately the only one that can eventually fix it.

Quite likely a Windows update - MS has a habit of re-enabling features, like it's 'fake surround' with some updates, and/or, redetecting and re-adding devices you had previously disabled or removed entirely.

For your particular situation, you must try doing a FULL Shutdown (where you hold down the SHIFT key while doing a shutdown). This flushes a lot of status information, for the hardware, and that's the issue with why only SCFA is affected. It's not really understanding how devices can go to 'sleep'.

gents i want you all to know that your advice and my hard work payed off!!!....Windows just released a Windows 11 update that I grabbed 22H2 and all of a sudden, everything is BACK TO NORMAL!!

Handsome can HEAR SOUND AGAIN!!!.....thank u all