The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade)

It worth pointing out that as uef you should always make spearheads because they are cheep and have insane dps but they also take down parashields extremely well so the argument that 2 parashields stops a Billy isn't really accurate.

@thewreck said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade):

the argument that 2 parashields stops a Billy isn't really accurate.

Range is a massive factor.
Billy and Spearheads have very drastic range differences.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@willowisppsi said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade):

@ComradeStryker there's another use for Billy!

As UEF you can teleport into the back of an enemy base preferably into a back pond then get billy and then snipe an acu sitting in the water IF it has ras instead of a shield upgrade/nano. Only works if there's 1 ACU left or if it's a no share game, but I've done this enough to know it works!

You can, but unless you teleported with a T3 suite (and even if then) it'll take quite some time to obtain both upgrades and the projectile, and then the projectile flight time - assuming you don't stall on resources.

If I recall correctly, with 100 BP or the T3 Suite, it'll take an ACU exactly 100 seconds to obtain both upgrades (Tac & Billy) and build the Projectile.

100 seconds to not stall nearly 10K Mass and 675K Energy.

It's not cheap to build a Billy with a T3 Suite:
ae925d09-cfdb-4c27-aa47-279ac60bb135-image.png

Doing so also leaves your ACU in your opponent's backlines without a way out, as you swapped your Teleport upgrade.
So, you're right that it has to be with one opponent left, otherwise, you're stuck!

@FtXCommando, correct me if I'm wrong, but you suggested that certain ACUs get a few upgrades swapped around?
One of which was the Teleport upgrade for UEF to be moved to the Right Arm, where RAS and Gun reside.

I'd love to see that idea come to fruition.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Uef sheild t3 telle com would be more cancerous than tele maser and I'd love it

No, teleport would move to the tech arm. Teleport enabling billy + t3 is insanely oppressive. The only way to make billy tolerable while allowing teleport to be viable is to force the UEF ACU to either teleport to a place with a lot of BP or to teleport back home in order to refill the billy within the next 2 years.

This in turn makes shields good enough at blocking billies so you only need to make a decent tmd spread around BP in water. Since people should be shielding power grids anyway, it doesn't lead to some insane increase in expenditure for defense.

@ftxcommando said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade):

billy + t3 is insanely oppressive

Eh... kind of? I mean, It is a fair point...
But the Global Cooldown still prevents multiple Billies from being fired in a short period of time.
Once per 30 seconds.

Which is, coincidentally or not, the same amount of time that the ACU builds the Projectile on its own with a T3 Suite.

Teleporting at the exact same time as building a Billy would also not be wise as it'll drain 550,000 energy
(300,000 for Billy, and 250,000 for Tele).
You're bound to stall - especially if you have other projects going on.

But I digress. I can see it being oppressive with some decent micro.

Regardless, I'd love to see the idea. 🙂

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If tele was on tech arm you could build a billy with support at home tele and shoot your shot and then tele home.

Not too bad but can make for some fun

Billy + tele would be too much imo as you'd force people to build tmd here there and everywhere and lets not even think about the possibility of a team of 6 tele billy commanders

If tele is on tech arm you only get 1 shot

Doesn't matter one well placed Billy can win the game and if two UEF players work together on coms you are no longer safe from snipes in the water. Whats more by the time the billy nuke gets to its target you'd be half charged with the tele giving the enemy team no time to react

Sounds less strong then tele maser

@willowisppsi said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade):

Billy + tele would be too much imo as you'd force people to build tmd here there and everywhere and lets not even think about the possibility of a team of 6 tele billy commanders

Wait till you find out Telelazers exist.
I would hate having to build PD everywhere.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nope, 1 billy is pretty much fully countered by t2 shields. Shield your power grid and put a t2 shield between groups of 3 or more mexes.

This is actually good practice that you’re supposed to be doing in the first place, unlike laser which forces useless PD.

An enemy team investing 2x in billy and teleport just put half the e cost of a paragon into a meme snipe. If you lost to that you lost quite some time ago. Counter the meme snipe with 2% the cost of said paragon in mass.

I think the cooldown should be removed to reduce confusion and make it more user-friendly, and since you need incredibly strong eco to be able to spam it anyway

The removal of the cooldown, although nice, would probably be too much.
A reduction of the cooldown time would be more reasonable and realistic.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@comradestryker One launch costs 600k energy and drains 11k per tick, countered by small amounts of TMDs or shield. What is the point of the cooldown?

The cooldown also makes some weird behavior. Like you order your com to shoot, but Billy is on cooldown, so you order the com to do something else, like walk somewhere, and then it shoots while you walk!

@melanol

The cooldown also makes some weird behavior. Like you order your com to shoot, but Billy is on cooldown, so you order the com to do something else, like walk somewhere, and then it shoots while you walk!

Now that's a problem I have seen many times, yes.
The Billy fire order is bugged with the cooldown.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@melanol said in The Problems With The UEF - Part 2 (ACU Billy Nuke Upgrade):

@comradestryker One launch costs 600k energy and drains 11k per tick, countered by small amounts of TMDs or shield. What is the point of the cooldown?

Because every t3 land unit now becomes irrelevant with a single acu upgrade