Can't log into FAF

faf log in error.PNG

Hi,

I'm a returning FAFer (or at least I'm attempting to be). I updated the client after being away for a bit. When I attempted to log in (which I used to not have to do because I had "remember me" checked), the client had me "log in from browser".

I did so (I know this is the correct log in, because it's the same one I used to login and make this help request), and when I returned to the client I received the error in the pic.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, once with no full pc shutdown, and once with. Same results both time, no success nor impact or change to the error or the log-in attempt sequence described above.

I'd like to play FAF again, please help!

Thank you,
Myketh

Below are the error details from the drop down in the pic:

Client Version: 2023.6.1
com.faforever.client.login.TokenRetrievalException: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"The provided authorization grant (e.g., authorization code, resource owner credentials) or refresh token is invalid, expired, revoked, does not match the redirection URI used in the authorization request, or was issued to another client. The PKCE code challenge did not match the code verifier."}
at com.faforever.client.api.TokenRetriever.lambda$retrieveToken$1(TokenRetriever.java:98)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoFlatMap$FlatMapMain.onNext(MonoFlatMap.java:132)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxSwitchIfEmpty$SwitchIfEmptySubscriber.onNext(FluxSwitchIfEmpty.java:74)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxOnAssembly$OnAssemblySubscriber.onNext(FluxOnAssembly.java:539)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:129)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxContextWrite$ContextWriteSubscriber.onNext(FluxContextWrite.java:107)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMapFuseable$MapFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxMapFuseable.java:299)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxFilterFuseable$FilterFuseableConditionalSubscriber.onNext(FluxFilterFuseable.java:337)
at reactor.core.publisher.Operators$BaseFluxToMonoOperator.completePossiblyEmpty(Operators.java:2071)
at reactor.core.publisher.MonoCollect$CollectSubscriber.onComplete(MonoCollect.java:145)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxPeek$PeekSubscriber.onComplete(FluxPeek.java:260)
at reactor.core.publisher.FluxMap$MapSubscriber.onComplete(FluxMap.java:144)
at reactor.netty.channel.FluxReceive.onInboundComplete(FluxReceive.java:413)
at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.onInboundComplete(ChannelOperations.java:431)
at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperations.terminate(ChannelOperations.java:485)
at reactor.netty.http.client.HttpClientOperations.onInboundNext(HttpClientOperations.java:712)
at reactor.netty.channel.ChannelOperationsHandler.channelRead(ChannelOperationsHandler.java:113)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412)
at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler$DelegatingChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:436)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.fireChannelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:346)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:318)
at io.netty.channel.CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.channelRead(CombinedChannelDuplexHandler.java:251)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:442)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:420)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:412)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1383)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decodeJdkCompatible(SslHandler.java:1246)
at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1295)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:529)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:468)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:290)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:444)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1410)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:440)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:919)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:166)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:788)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:724)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:650)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:562)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$4.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:997)
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

Try setting a different browser as the default in Windows Settings.

that worked, thanks!