Matchmaking Loading Issues

After loading up SC FA, not the FAF version, when trying to get onto skirmish or matchmaking, the game crashes after the "In Transit" screen comes on, leading to the game crashing and producing an error report. I play on Forged Alliance Forever as well, but the skirmish and matchmaking work fine on there. I have been playing on both without issue before this issue, so I do not understand what is happening. I play on FAF mostly but I also like to play vanilla sometimes due to my brother playing vanilla only atm.

Does anyone know what could cause this issue? I have tried verifying the local files and uninstalling and reinstalling the SCFA game but nothing has worked so far

A lot of UI mods that are made for FAF are not compatible with the Steam version. Did you turn off the UI mods?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I would try uninstalling everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING.

The way FAF works is that it copies all the files from SCFA to a new location, then modifies all the custom files, to add the custom features/unit balancing. There are probably old dependencies.

Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine the exact cause of the issue. However, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check if your computer meets the system requirements for Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (SCFA). If your system doesn't meet the requirements, it could cause the game to crash.

Make sure your graphics drivers and DirectX are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues and lead to crashes.

Try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8, as some users have reported this has fixed similar issues.

Disable any background applications or services that may be interfering with the game. For example, antivirus software or overlay programs like Discord or Steam.

Try deleting the game's settings file located in My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. This will reset all of the game's settings

Regards,
Rachel Gomez