Linux Dual JVM enviroment?

Apparently, I have another program that requires zulu-11-amd64, ( java-11-openjdk-amd64) to run instead of java-17-openjdk-amd64. I discovered this when I tried to launch the program today. I had to re-install java 11 to get it to launch. (note: I suspect that this program would work with java 17 but it is not setup to use it). Therefore, my question is there a way I set FAF to run with java 17 and the other program to run with java 11?

So usually the JDK is backward compatible and it must be a super special app if only run in zulu rather than openjdk. anyway.

Usually Java apps somehow rely on the JAVA_HOME variable to be set, so they find the java executable.
Depending on what your "default" installation is, you could set a different JAVA_HOME explicitly before start.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

yes... I will see about making a script to set the Java_Home variable. Thanks!

Update 003: I just test played FAF for about an hour using zulu-11 in the co-op... but with just me against the AI. I did not notice any issues. That is FAF seemed to work fine now using zulu-11.... either that or FAF is still using java 17 with my system set to use zulu-11 as default.

The game itself doesn’t use Java. Only the FAF launcher (client).