February 25th Patch breaks AI Wave Survival mod

I noticed a few days ago, the nuke strike script in AI Wave Survival mod was not working. I tested previous versions that I knew worked, with all other mods off, and the script still doesn't run. This seems to coincide around the same time as the latest FAF Patch on February 25th.

Not sure what changes to the game could cause this issue or how to go about fixing it.

Could you provide a game.log form a game and post it to technical help quoting this post 🙂

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@Rama

f51e57f0-8d5e-43df-bf88-b39ca33b179e-image.png

The game works in general, how do I trigger that nuke script?

There are some errors in the logs:

WARNING: Error running lua script: get as UserData expected but got nil
         stack traceback:
         	[C]: in function `GetNumUnitsAroundPoint'
         	...data\lua.nx2\lua\editor\unitcountbuildconditions.lua(1645): in function <...data\lua.nx2\lua\editor\unitcountbuildconditions.lua:1637>
         	(tail call): ?
         	...\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua(397): in function <...\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua:395>
         	...mdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\builder.lua(214): in function `BuilderConditionTest'
         	...mdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\builder.lua(256): in function `CheckBuilderConditions'
         	...mdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\builder.lua(152): in function `GetBuilderStatus'
         	...ever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\platoonformmanager.lua(142): in function <...ever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\platoonformmanager.lua:123>
         	...aforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\buildermanager.lua(370): in function <...aforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\sim\buildermanager.lua:352>

These could be related

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

If the nuke script is set to "All On", or "Offensive" nukes will launch automatically at 85% of Hold Time. "Defensive" nukes will target any land/navy units that are too close to HQ (about the distance of the blast radius of a Yolo). You can change Nuke Launch time to 50% in Map Options and set Hold Time to 10 minutes, then nukes will launch 5 minutes after Build Time ends, which speeds up testing. Also, using cheats to spawn a Paragon should usually trigger nuke strikes (there is a random factor there) any time after Build Time is over.

Because all the other attack scripts are working (well, I need to test a few hidden scripts, like counter artillery triggered by building too much T3/TRY artillery), I wonder if it could be caused by the Custom Nuke Launcher used by the script?

Heh, the errors have always been there. The mod is a mismash of others work (AI Wave Survival is a branch off from Swarm Survival) and while I've been able to fix some bugs, my programming abilities are limited.

And I do really appreciate the help! Thanks!

So, error has been isolated. The following code would break any scripts using it:
AIMessageTo('Message in Chat from AI to Players')

Which called this script:
function AIMessageTo(message, brain)
local tmpMessage = message
if brain then
tmpMessage = message .. brain.Nickname
end
table.insert(Sync.AIChat, { group = 'all', text = tmpMessage, sender = aiBrain.Nickname })
end

You can fix that by rewriting it to:

function AIMessageTo(message, brain)
    local tmpMessage = message
    if brain then
        tmpMessage = message .. brain.Nickname
    end

Sync.AIChat = Sync.AIChat or { }
    table.insert(Sync.AIChat, { group = 'all', text = tmpMessage, sender = aiBrain.Nickname })
end

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I appreciate that fix. I've issued a temporary fix, but will implement the fix in the next release!