Ordering construction without deselecting lower tier engies

I am pretty sure I am not the 1st person getting a bit annoyed with the necessity to deselect lower tier engineers to order higher tier structures. I would fix it like this (and will describe the fix with an example): You have selected 2 T1 engies and 2 T2 engies, you want to order a T2 pgen, you don't need to deselect the T1 engies (since we fixed it), you just order the T2 pgen, and the T1 engies just find the closest engi capable of initiating this structure and assist it.

Try this hotkey:

cf73aeb8-6873-4914-85af-df66aa243033-image.png

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Yes, but... how about doing this without a hotkey? Also, doesn't work with T1 engies and ACU.

This is the best we can do.

Anything else would require us to restructure how this bit of the interface works. And that may break the next set of UI mods that rely on the old functionality. People really endorsed us when we did that with the reclaim overlay. But in that case we had a good basis: we could drastically improve the framerate.

Let alone that the current setup of this bit of the code is a mess, one that I'm not interested to dive into - it would likely take many hours, with little progression.

Also, doesn't work with T1 engies and ACU.

Correct, the ACU is excluded for now. I did not find a way to include enhancements.

@jip said in Ordering construction without deselecting lower tier engies:

Try this hotkey:

IMO the game already has too many hotkeys. But thanks for the effort anyway, Jip.