bug - aeon bomber ( or all )

hey
cant find bug report place so i hope it will do here

in recent game i found out the hard way that you cant target anything with aeon bomber, when you target building some circle shows up (same as target ground command) but when you click nothing happens , bombers just stop or do what they were doing before not including your orders to attack
ground fire works as before

We'll need replay ids!

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

There's no replay id (yet), could you try and see if you can try and sand box it? I just did:

And it appears to work fine.

Note that bombers need enough distance from their target to properly align with the target.

i know how it works and it wasnt it ... anyway i watched replay and nothing to see there too , it looks like didnt give attack order at all but thing is i did , i was trying hard to do it and it didnt work so i changed to ground fire but that was too late for my bombers

i did some testing too and it really seems working , i couldnt reproduce this ,however i noticed that a lot bugs happen when i change targets fast , mostly bomber no drop at all ( i changed targets from far away so that was no distance thing, they just fly long way and no drop)

Bombers are sensitive to quickly changing targets. I'd need to see the replay to confirm that the bomber was indeed far away enough. As an example: a tech 1 bomber on full speed can no longer reliably switch targets once the target is inside the radar range, especially when the target is moving.

https://replay.faforever.com/18471247 , min 21 , 2 aeon strats , changed target when they were at half map but still both of them no drop

2079dac4-c17f-4608-94e6-b284cbfe66ad-image.png

The issue here is the map. Bombers are limited to what is physically possible (they use gravity to drop their bombs). If there is a sudden significant altitude change (like they are doing here) then there is no drop window, and hence they can't drop their bomb.

This is why we discourage map makers from creating very large mountains, or large sudden changes in terrain.

i know that one too just didnt look that they were over mountains

well nice to know all working , just hope it will be that way cos that 1st bug i mentioned was real for me, come to think now mayby there were cyb drones and i couldnt target building cos was target drones or something, just bad luck i guess