Updating the "Jobs" part of the forum

I see this on the forum and I think it definitely needs an update, specially the fact that its called a "job" rather than a Volunteer position. Calling it a job sounds more arduous and time consuming when some of these things can take as little a couple of hours a week (designing graphic media for FAF, finding new and good content creators, making a list of streamers, etc etc). I think job is what I would call the maintainers or big FAF developers do.

c71c7776-7cb6-4039-8016-76d2cc5791f9-image.png

Another thing it's how old most of the posts are, giving a look that contributing to FAF is abandoned and also seeing nine2 being the creator of most of these posts tells me that not only they aren't being updated but to anyone that knows about nine2, it gives the feeling that FAF is being maintained by the developer of another game (who has some bad blood with FAF people).

Now I know FAF is shortstaffed and we may not have someone to upkeep this constantly but, I think we should clean it up? I'm not sure if I could be of help or be allowed to post new job openings the promotion team has currently.

I think letting me or someone else that wants to clean up would be a better choice than to have to ask someone to post/I would appreciate if it the solution to be a bureaucratic process when all it takes is deleting some posts and making a couple of new ones. I do understand there is a process for everything, so if there is a reason this part of the forum has been left like this, please enlighten me and AGAIN, this isnt a complain about current FAF forum maintainers, I know we are all volunteers and I appreciate your work very much, I just ask if I can be of help with this issue and to bring it up.

FAF Website Developer

Calling it a job sounds more arduous and time consuming [...]. I think job is what I would call the maintainers or big FAF developers do.

That is what the forum is about. We are looking for long term contributors.

Also purged the deleted topics. Wasn't aware they are visible to the public.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

That is what the forum is about. We are looking for long term contributors.

Also purged the deleted topics. Wasn't aware they are visible to the public.

Long term contributors =/= unpaid job

An unpaid job is doing free work because you don't have the experience or are in training like an internship, it sucks.

A contributor or volunteer is someone that gives part of their free time to help and develop a community or project they enjoy partaking in. They do it out of love.

Now I know this is purely semantics but there's a difference with us saying:

"The community needs X person doing Y job, its is unpaid, here are your responsibilities and expectations"

"The community needs help in X issue, we need a Y volunteer for this, you only need to put a couple of hours a week to contribute and these are the things you would be doing"

I don't make graphics for newshub because it's an unpaid job, I do out of enjoyment for doing and helping the community. I get some control of the decisions of my work because I'm the volunteer in charge of that. In a job you do as you are told.

And I don't know anyone who says "I have an unpaid job helping my community clean up", people say "I volunteer to help my community clean up", same action but clearly different connotations which people will perceive differently.

Also I appreciate you making sure the deleted posts aren't being seen. It made it look way cleaner.

Would you know who I can talk to start a solution/update to this part of the forum? Maybe Gieb is the correct person?

FAF Website Developer